Joan Reeves's Reviews > Bad Luck and Trouble

Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child

bookshelves: mystery-thriller

Chicks Like Action Books Too

I have very eclectic taste in books. Some might think the Reacher books by Lee Child are more suited to a male audience, but, hey, this is the era of the kickass girl.

As a woman who took karate in Okinawa (decades ago before that was a common thing) with an Army tank of a sensei, I like to think I fit the kickass paradigm. I wholeheartedly enjoy these books so read on. You may find you enjoy them too.

If you've ever watched The Unit starring Dennis Haysbert then it's not a great stretch to imagine if The Unit personnel retired and wrote books, the books would be pretty much like a Jack Reacher novel.

In Bad Luck and Trouble, members of Reacher's Special Investigators are being killed. The other members ride to the rescue. Reacher and his former team members, notably Frances Neagley whose picture probably resides next to the word kickass in the dictionary, set about making things right and making those responsible pay.

I won't give away any spoilers because it really is a neat action book, but with surprisingly mild language from these characters. The action melds well with a mathematical savant element of Reacher's personality. Plus, Lee Child actually writes a good love scene for a male author. Kudos to Mr. Child.

All in all, it's like a very good read with buddy humor, good characters, nice suspense, a little shocking violence, and a really good, smart payback.

The book made the rounds of my family. Read it, and you too will be buying another Jack Reacher novel from Lee Child.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Luck and Trouble.

Finished Reading