Oleta Blaylock's Reviews > Elizabeth's Wolf

Elizabeth's Wolf by Lora Leigh

Jun 02, 2012

Read from June 02 to 04, 2012

I am going to use these reviews to make notes on the things I think I need to remember about the Breeds. As such there maybe SPOILERS that some readers don't want to know.

This is the first book that Cassie, one of Ms. Leigh's most popular characters, is introduced. She is eight years older, but in many way more mature than anyone realizes. This is also the first of the wolf stories if you are reading on the proper order. No one knows yet if the Wolf Breeds from the Mexican labs are alive. At this point there is no information on the breeding heat that may exist in the Wolf Breeds. Dash's wolf genetics are recessed so he was able to live a normal life once he escaped from the labs. Dash is also the only Breed to be a part of the military. Cassie is the first and only at this point Breed child to be born by In Vitro fertilization. Which means that she shouldn't have a problem getting pregnant and having a Breed child.

Dash is probably one of the most loved of all the Breeds. His sense of honor and loyalty are what makes the Breeds so special but Dash seems to have more of both. He also is special because he heard the desperation and longing in the letters a little girl sent him. He left his career and took on the almost impossible mission of finding the little girl and her mother. I loved that Elizabeth finally made him see that he had more friends than he ever expected and to accept what those friends wanted and needed to for him and his family.

This story is also the first time Simon and his Ladies show up. Simon is a character and the reader gets a good dose of just how much of a character in this story. I always like to see Simon show up as he brings a certain unpredictability with him. His tough as nail ladies are take no prisoners types but they have a soft spot for the Texas cowboy.

This is one of the best of the Breed stories and anyone reading them will enjoy it over and over again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elizabeth's Wolf.