Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Fragile Lies

Fragile Lies by Lilian Harris

Read 2 times. Last read June 22, 2020 to June 25, 2020.

4.5 "really, really liked it" stars!

Gut-wrenching. Angsty. Emotional.

I didn't know what to expect going into this, and dove in blind. Didn't even read the blurb. And I am glad I did. It made it that much better, not knowing what was coming around the bend. Of course we all know that friends with benefits is a ticking time bomb... if it goes on for too long, someone WILL catch feelings. Every time. That, death, and taxes are the surest things in life.

This author kills it with writing feelings and angst. There is a particular part in the book that just spoke to me, deep down. Spoke to that bruised part of my heart that was hurt in previous relationships. The place where, even years later, it never quite healed. A truly brutal heartbreak can do that, leave that soft spot. This author found that spot, and gave it a sharp poke.

My poor heart aches for Lexi, already suffering with self-esteem issues after the discovery of her former fiance's cheating ways, who now makes the terrible decision to engage in a friends-with-benefits situation with a charming, handsome man. What could possibly go wrong?

Everything, Lexi. Everything.

I loved the writing in this book. There is a particular part that I wish I could discuss in this review, but I don't want to ruin the discovery for future readers so I won't. Suffice to say, Jax is an idiot. But, in my experience that is the natural state of men until they pull their heads out of their behinds and fix themselves. Some do that in their twenties, some in their thirties, and some never manage it.

This book is the first of a duet within a series, and ends on a cliffhanger. It deals with a sensitive subject (trigger warning is provided within the book).

Find me at:
Instagram
Facebook

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fragile Lies.

Finished Reading