Cat Spearey's Reviews > No Regrets

No Regrets by Tabitha Webb

liked it
bookshelves: kindle, review-copy

While I read some chick lit novels, I felt this one was a little outside my expertise. It's a sassy interpretation of women going through different stages of their lives even though they are the same age. One a  married mother, one wanting to be a mother and one who has no inclination of settling down.

Sounds a bit cliche?

Maybe, but Tabitha Webb approaches each of these women's lives with an open mind, they come across situations which, although I personally saw them as unnecessary, they lent some humour and life-lessons for the reader.

My favourite thing about the narrative was how equally each woman was followed, I didn't feel like I knew one better than the other but I guess the downside of this is that you don't fully connect with the characters - this could possibly be my age too! I'm early thirties so the idea that getting to forty is some kind of dead-end isn't something I can relate too! Give me a few years and I might tell you something different!

Either way, I found this a light-hearted and easy to read book which gave me some much needed escapism. It's is recommended for lovers of Bridget Jones, Sex & the City etc which I would definitely agree with! The friendship shown in the narrative is funny, with the interactions being very easy-going and familiar which gives a nice rapport between characters. I think I would have liked to have gotten more information from some of the male view points to give a more rounded narrative.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Regrets.

June 24, 2020 – Started Reading