Alisa's Reviews > While My Sister Sleeps

Jun 01, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, grc
Read from May 25 to 28, 2012

Ok.. I dont usually read books like these but when I am bored at the Nursing Home and have want something to do I just stop by their library and pick something out, go back to my office, and slack.

I picked up this book because the story looked ineteresting. Two sisters, a brother, and parents. What I got was a cluster of a book that kept me reading, feeling sorry for the sister who is brain dead, even worse for the sister Molly left to deal with it all.. wanted to shake the brother and father until they did.. well.. something.. and wanted to punch the mother in the face with a baseball bat.

I think I would have liked it more if it wasnt for the mother.. Katheryn I believe her name was.. I just started replacing "Bitch" everytime I saw the word "Katheryn". She seems to be one of those mothers that would make up the fact that her child is dying from some rare and fatal disease just so she could get all the attention. Shoo-ing away friends and loved ones of your daughter who just want to grieve and say goodbye is an asshat thing to do.
The Bitch totally ruined what would have been for me.. and what probably is for others.. an amazingly wonderful book about how the grass is not always greener on the other side and that everyone, no matter how perfect, mostlikely has secrets.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While My Sister Sleeps.