D's Reviews > Dark Kiss

Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen

1719928
Jun 01, 2012

liked it

I’m a cautious fan of Rowen’s adult urban fantasy series, so I’m sorry to say that I found Dark Kiss rather predictable and unoriginal. I anticipate that Dark Kiss will do well in the young adult market despite my lack of confidence in the volume- chiefly because while I found the characters uninspiring, Dark Kiss is well written, and it’s about angels and the like. Paranormal romance is extremely popular in the young adult market right now, so I think sales will be fine.

Michelle Rowen’s adult series has something that Dark Kiss is lacking: a spark. Her adult series kept readers on there toes; Dark Kiss feels like something I’ve read many times. I wonder if reading Kagawa’s Immortal Rules prior to Dark Kiss influenced my opinion of it. Immortal Rules had extremely strong world-building, and Dark Kiss fell flat in comparison.

I probably will not read any sequels to Dark Kiss. But I will still recommend it to anyone interested in Paranormal Romance for YA. Maybe the problem is that I’ve always been an urban fantasy girl, and Dark Kiss isn’t exactly in that genre.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Kiss.