Jac (For Love and Books)'s Reviews > Summer Nights

Summer Nights by Susan Mallery

Jun 01, 2012

Read from June 01 to 04, 2012

I make it no secret that I will take any chance i get to spend some time in Fool's Gold! I fell in love with the series a few years ago when i discovered the first book (Chasing Perfect) on Audible, and I can credit Only Mine for starting my blog too! So I was thrilled when Susan Mallery's assistant sent me a copy of Summer Nights!! Literally, I carried the book with me for days showing it to anyone who would look.

With this latest installment, I was definitely not let down. I adored Annabelle. Adored her. She is a survivor of emotional abuse, a horrible marriage that left her scarred for the future. And Shane, who is FAR more handsome and lovable than his brother Rafe? He's on the other end of a horrible marriage too. I loved this plot, two completely broken people, making their way and the progression of their relationship really worked for me. I loved their story as a couple.

I have to admit, that in a lot of ways? I did not like the side stories in this book. May (Shane's mom) seemed frazzled and was there, then was gone, then was back. It made me a little dizzy. And the absence of his little sister Evangeline was also a bit frustrating, since she had a bit of a storyline going in the previous book. And while we were setting Charlie up for her own book? She also kind of scraped at me.

Now that I've got that out of the way - Susan Mallery's writing is fantastic. She'll make you laugh and cry and want to call your best friend to rant and rave about the storylines. In the past few years, she really has become my Security blanket - if I need a feel good book, I always know that I can pick up anything she's written and it will make me feel warm and fuzzy and forget my problems for awhile.

I loved Summer Nights, and I look forward to the next installment from Fool's Gold, All Summer Long! Who would I recommend these books to? Anyone who has ever even thought about reading a romance novel - you will adore Fool's Gold and it's residents!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Nights.

06/01/2012 page 173
45.0% "This has got to be my FAVORITE plot twist in the whole series. I laughed out loud for a long time!!"