Tez's Reviews > The Angel

The Angel by Tiffany Reisz

Jun 01, 2012

Reading The Angel is catching up with your favourite people. Nora, Søren, Kingsley, and Michael were vivid from the start (The Siren), and we uncover more about each of them here. The characters evolve in different ways, and will probably change again in the next instalment. Nora, who's kept what she wanted, but still laments what might have been. Søren, who micromanages potential controversy like a pro, bringing faith back to the faithless. Kingsley, who keeps his cards close to his chest, and who may not get the happy ending he wishes. And Michael, who gets everything he wanted, and more.

As much as they all feel familiar, there's always much more to unveil - especially about Søren. Tiffany Reisz is a master of teasing, revealing, and concealing at exactly the right moments. There's plenty of suspense and real drama, with the emotion matching the action in its vividness. I'm hesitant to start The Prince, as The Mistress's release is still five months away. But I love the world, I love the characters (well, not Wesley), and I love the storytelling. If you're not already hooked on the Original Sinners, get on board - it's a ride you won't forget.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Angel.

June 1, 2012 – Shelved
February 12, 2013 – Started Reading
February 12, 2013 –
page 92
22.44% "Chapter 3. There's this one particular moment near the end that shocked me. Though it shouldn't. Tiffany Reisz doesn't just push the boundaries - she breaks through them - and that's why I admire her so much. And she tells a cracking good story! *hugs author & her books*"
February 13, 2013 –
page 167
40.73% "Someone has horse farm property in one state. Someone else has horse farm prperty in another state. ARE THEY RELATED? (Please excuse the vagueness - I'm trying to protect you from spoilers.)"
February 14, 2013 –
page 244
59.51% "You end Part 1 THERE, and start Part 2 six weeks later? DID THEY ROOT?!"
February 15, 2013 –
page 252
61.46% "Why is Person1 so angry that Person2's family is rich? Person3's family is rich, and no one gives a toss.\n \n (Reading has slowed dramatically because I've just picked up a 461-page library book due back in two weeks.)"
February 18, 2013 –
page 342
83.41% "Chapter 21. Major shock."
February 20, 2013 – Finished Reading