Teejay's Reviews > White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism

White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo

I think this book is a must read for any white person willing to change, willing to learn, or willing to listen. For me, it better defined what racism is so I know what to listen to and how to listen. This isn't a book dedicated to racism though, it's all about white people. It defines our "fragility", teaches us to actually think about race, and even gives some skills and tips on how to listen.

I've heard the argument that white people shouldn't learn about racism from white people. I think those people haven't read this book. This is about the white role in racism and how to disrupt that.

Trust me, start here, then continue your education with the thousands of other books, blogs, podcasts, videos, etc. But never stop learning, never stop trying to make this world a better place.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Fragility.

June 21, 2020 – Started Reading
June 21, 2020 – Shelved
June 27, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Ida (new)

Ida Jagaric Thanks for the review! I've heard a lot about it, and I'm glad to hear it was so good! And yeah... the thought that I shouldn't learn about racism from white people did cross my mind. ;) ... And hear, hear on the last sentence you wrote. Yes. Exactly that. 😊

Teejay Ida wrote: "Thanks for the review! I've heard a lot about it, and I'm glad to hear it was so good! And yeah... the thought that I shouldn't learn about racism from white people did cross my mind. ;) ... And he..."

Thanks so much! It's a great educational tool for sure. I didn't feel it was a "combative" book at all ... so hopefully open to more people who will ultimately feel "challenged" by living in a racist society.