Shannon's Reviews > Final Grade

Final Grade by R.L. Stine

May 31, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-own, 2012, creepy, fugly-covers, lmao
Read from May 31 to June 01, 2012 — I own a copy

To be honest, I only decided to pick this up to read because the cover was amazingly corny, but oh my god, I am actually surprised by how good this was. The last few Fear Street books I've read have kind of been duds and this ended up being super wonderful. The main character Lily is the type of person who I hated in high school. I understand wanting to get good grades and do well in school, but whining at getting a B is stupid. When she finally gets an A-, she's still moody and upset. It was so annoying that I wanted to smack her. She was so obesessed with being valedictorian and I didn't blame her friends for getting fed up with her. I did sympathize with her for having to deal with that teacher of hers. Yeah, Lily was being annoyingly anal about things, but Mr. Reinere was a Grade A Asshole. He was such a jerk that it was only four pages in and I was hoping someone would come along and murder him already.

The murderer was revealed pretty early in the book and I was a bit disappointed. Thankfully, the book didn't lose steam and it got really interesting from that point on. This is where the book got super creepy for me and I'd probably be peeing myself in fear if I was in that situation. I didn't get though why (view spoiler). What kind of crappy friend does something like that?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Final Grade.