Sharrice Aleshire's Reviews > The Exiled Queen

The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima

May 31, 2012

bookshelves: own

After reading The Demon King the first book in the Seven Realms series I was in a great hurry to read The Exiled Queen. This book did not disappoint. I wasn't sure what to expect before reading this book other than it would be full of surprises, which turned out to be true. There was a lot more dialogue throughout the book then there was in the second, although it still went in depth with description on surroundings, characters, and characters feelings. Since the cover was of Raisa's ring I thought this story would revolve more around her point of view which it did not. The book focused more on Han which I liked since I enjoy reading about him a little more than Raisa. I was happy that more of Hans friends were in this story too, which was a change from the last story where it was mostly him. I thought both Han and Raisa developed a lot as characters, just as they did in the first. I did have some favorite scenes such as the chapter titled "Delphi" which was a scene that took place in a tavern from Hans point of view. There was a tad more romance in this story for Han than there was in the first book, and I have to say I was surprised with who ended up with who. Overall I ended up liking Raisa more than I initially had in the first. She's has an amazing strong will, and compassion for others. Cinda Chima's writing is amazing, I love how I can read the entire book and be excited for the next with absolutely no idea what is going to happen next. She never adds too much fluff, and there are always twists and turns, which makes reading her books all the more interesting.

Favorite Quote: "When she'd left the Fells, she thought of people as being sorted into lots-good and bad, brave and cowardly, virtuous and evil. Now she realized that there were bits of both in most people-and which elements prevailed often depended on circumstances."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Exiled Queen.