Nina-Marie Gardner's Reviews > The Forgotten Waltz

The Forgotten Waltz by Anne Enright

May 31, 2012

liked it
Read from May 31 to June 06, 2012

thought I'd go all mainstream and attempt to read all the orange prize nom'd books. and I like ann enright (not gonna lie, either- I was jealous she reviewed gwendoline riley's new book 'opposed positions' Opposed Positions in the guardian recently http://bit.ly/MeCZT0 gwendoline riley is awesome, don't get me wrong- but some girls get all the breaks! jeesh.)

anyway, this book, finished last night, gave me bad dreams- which can be a good thing. it's unsettling, though there were a few stretches that annoyed me, but that's probably purely personal & down to a bad reaction with my own baggage. it's compelling as only a 'married woman has devastating affair with married man' can be.

my favorite line in the book was:

"he said, "You should never do this with someone - you should never expose yourself to someone like this - unless they have a lot to lose."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgotten Waltz.

message 1: by Tuck (new)

Tuck she just won the andrew carnigie medal for excellence in fiction too (new award from ala) (that IS a great line)