Stephanie's Reviews > Four Days of You and Me

Four Days of You and Me by Miranda Kenneally

bookshelves: 2020, contemporary, highly-anticipated, lgbtqia, realistic, romance, ya-fiction, young-adult

This is a delightful addition to Kenneally’s publishing catalog as she introduces us to a new set of characters with this YA contemporary outside of the Hundred Oaks series. Her trademark wit, humor, and likable characters are present in this one so any readers leery of trying a new book without the appearance of new characters, don’t be.

I liked the premise of this story being about our two main characters throughout the four years of school, highlighted on four days over the years during their annual field trip. Interspersed throughout these checking in during these specific days we get additional flashbacks over the years. At this the pacing did seem disjointed but not so much it bothered me.

I would not hesitate to put this in the hands of my students that like contemporary and romance stories. Please do be aware sex, alcohol, sneaking around parents and teachers are present in the story. I do not tell you this to dissuade you in reading and enjoying this book as I find it is accurate to teens today, but if you have a younger reader or a student who needs to be steered away from these topics, please note they are present in this book.

Overall, this is a great end of school year/summertime read. I will not hesitate to recommend it to my students.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Four Days of You and Me.

Started Reading