Sarah (Inklings Read)'s Reviews > Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

May 30, 2012

bookshelves: own, arc, paperback, signed, favorites
Read from August 31 to September 07, 2012

I did not expect to love Pushing the Limits as much as I did! Guys, this book is seriously incredible. It is a must read for contemporary fans… Actually, I would say it’s must read for everyone! I’m not a big fan of the contemporary genre, but this book just blew me away. Trust me, this is worth it.

There is a fantastic story to be found here. Well really, there are two fascinating stories: Noah is on a quest to be with his brothers again and Echo is trying to find some sort of peace in her life after the loss of her brother, Aires, and what we will call “the incident.” She has difficultly remembering the night of “the incident,” and this book is all about her path to that memory. It was easy to see just how fragile Echo’s mind was after her episodes, aka when she remembered bits of that memory . Like Echo, I found myself consistently asking: Can she handle the truth? Will she crack? What is the truth!? McGarry writes in such detail that it is hard not to question if she has experienced much of this story herself.

The voices of Echo and Noah were completely different and easy to identify. I felt that I was actually reading from a male point of view, which can be hard at times when there is a female author. The romantic scenes were to die for. Noah’s character is not so noble at first glance, but trust me, he warms up on you FAST. Echo was real: She was flawed, she was insecure, and yet she had this inner strength that truly amazed me. Even though her world came crashing down at times, she still persevered. She was quite inspirational. Noah and Echo really complemented each other and made for a great read with dual point of views.

Despite being a bit slow at the start, Pushing the Limits, has earned its place on my favorites shelf. I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone and everyone who will read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushing the Limits.

08/31/2012 page 45
09/07/2012
100.0% "SO GOOD! I love this book... definitely a favorite :) Review coming soon."
show 3 hidden updates…