Rebecca Partridge's Reviews > Bound by Blood

Bound by Blood by P.A. Lupton

F 50x66
May 30, 2012

Brianna Reece is an empath, although she keeps that part of her life secret as an FBI agent working to track down a serial killer. In her new assignment in Denver, she encounters not only a new prickly partner, but a compelling suspect, Nathan Donovan. But Nathan has a secret too, and he may hold the key to determining what the serial killer is after as well as why Brianna may be the next target.

I liked this book. The heroine was compelling, independent, and has a wicked interesting job. The vampire a bit uncomfortable at the beginning, and I wasn't sure to start if he was a hero or a villain (note: I think this was the point). Just like the main character, though, you grow to trust him. The end is tied up nicely, no cliff-hangers, but definitely left open for a sequel.

I had the Kindle version, which is FULL of punctuation and grammar mistakes, which I personally find INCREDIBLY distracting. It's hard for me to get really into a book when I feel the urge to correct it with a red pen...on my Kindle...

There were several important developments which were somewhat skimmed over, for instance the main character very quickly and easily learns to use her previously untapped powers and spar with a vampire. The book sets up that these accomplishments will be daunting...then they just easily happen. This was a little bit of a let-down.

All in all, a tasty, harmless bit of brain candy. Not a compelling or life-changing bit of literature, no quotes I'll be framing for posterity, but a solid example of urban fantasy and escapism I'll definitely revisit in the future!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound by Blood.