Delrico Hermans's Reviews > A Hope in the Unseen: An American Odyssey from the Inner City to the Ivy League

A Hope in the Unseen by Ron Suskind

U 50x66
May 30, 2012

Read in June, 2012

The main idea of A Hope in The Unseen was about a boy who is making a tough transition from regular high school to an ivy league school Brown University. Cedric Jennings a freshman is already putting all his classes pass/fail and on top of that he has problems making friends. Cedric has one friend and they bond like two peas in a pod his name is Zayd, Zayd is a cool relaxing guy who loves hip-hop just like Cedric. But Cedric has problems with school, and with friends so they get into an argument and they kinda de-friend each other. Overall I did enjoy the book it was an eye opener to what college will be like and the obstacles I would go through. I liked Zayd he was a cool relaxed guy like me , I also liked the argumentation Cedric was having with his roommate because those are problems i might have. But i didn't like the font i wished it was bigger and not so cramped up. I do recommend this book for people who are going to college and they wanna know how life would be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hope in the Unseen.