Valentina Heart's Reviews > Rock and a Hard Place

Rock and a Hard Place by Jane Davitt

May 30, 2012

bookshelves: glbt, the-romance-reviews
Read from May 30 to June 01, 2012

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

ROCK AND A HARD PLACE is a classic story of enemies turning into lovers. From the bickering and general entertaining animosity to strong writing, a reader can pretty much find something to like when it comes to this book.

Sean and Andrew are business rivals, but two who really don't have a limit when it comes to the mutual dislike. Yes, they both have sharp tongues, are quite brilliant and not very tolerable when it comes to the subject of their intense hate. It only figures that they will end up on a plane that goes crashing down and that they will get stuck on a deserted island with no one but their enemy for company.

I am a fan of the general enemies to lovers plot line and the constant arguments between Sean and Andrew were pretty much pure delight for me. I didn't even particularly mind the whole plane-meets-doom-and-we're-stuck-together scenario, but I am a bit tired of the whole coming out issue when the main character is terrified of his parents and generally has control of every other aspect of his life but the one that in my opinion should be the most important one. You can't eat love, true, but what is life without someone to love and care for you and someone to give your heart to?

The story did slow down after a while and despite some pretty desperate measures when it came to the island, I enjoyed it. Both men were very well developed and their relationship was interesting to keep on reading. This was another great story from this duo. Recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock and a Hard Place.

05/30/2012 page 53
18.86% "I can't stop wondering what happens in chapter 18"
05/30/2012 page 94
33.45% "I can't stop wondering what happens in chapter 18"