Todd Nesbitt's Reviews > Stephen King's N.

Stephen King's N. by Marc Guggenheim

M 50x66

bookshelves: graphic-novels

I read the short story first and then decided to order this Graphic Novel. By the way, the short story collection by Stephen King which this story is included in is called "Just After Sunset" and the first printing included a animated DVD of webisodes for this story - very cool.

This Graphic Novel really comes alive with the incredible detail involved in the illustrations and the dialogue is easy to follow and flows very smoothly. The story is very disturbing, in my opinion, as you follow the two main characters descent into madness. It reminded me of an H. P. Lovecraft type of story with a modern setting. I really liked the connection to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and the relationship between the Psychiatrist and his patient. However, some may find this story a bit too creepy to resonate into their psyche.

In short, this graphic novel really brings the short story to life and is a worthy addition to your Stephen King collection if you are a Stephen King fan. If you are more of a casual reader, I would suggest at least taking this title out of your local library and checking it out. Who knows, you may be adding a whole new dimension to your way of thinking and that may or may not be a good thing. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stephen King's N..

Started Reading