Joanna's Reviews > Shadow Bound

Shadow Bound by Rachel Vincent

May 29, 2012

bookshelves: series, adult-romance
Read from July 17 to 19, 2012

Aww. Ian Holt's skill is just wow!!! That is soooo freakin' cool!

Ok so what do i think about the book? I have to say 3.5 stars.

"When love has to be defined by an inability to leave, it isn’t really love. Real love is staying with someone because you want to be there, not because you have no other choice. Anything else is just lust, or obsession, or something less innocent.”

aww the romance in this book is pretty good actually. I have to say i didn't feel the same intensity compared with Blood Bound, but i still like it. It's kinda hard to love someone who is broken. It's also hard to love someone if you are so scared because you hate yourself and you don't know if you can actually give something in return. It's so hard to trust anyone especially if the people around you are all unworthy of trust.

Fear and darkness. What happened to Kori was tragic. It was so sick! I totally felt sorry for her. I have to admit, she's very strong. I can't imagine someone who went through that kind of stuff and can still walk afterwards. Her reactions to Ian touch makes me want to cry. :(

Loyalty. Nothing can make Ian and Kori betray their family. I really like it that they have a very strong loyalty to their loved ones. Ian was put to the test because he wasn't expecting to fall in love. Still, it went well in the end.

The .5 star is because of this:
“What is it about this girl? You’ve only known her for a day.”

although i really like it that Ian fell in love with Kori, still, i just can't fathom how a person can fall in love in like 2 days or 3. That's just not normal you know. After spending a couple of days with that person you are suddenly decided that he or she is the one for you. I just don't agree with that. Hmmm

Rachel Vincent you never fail to make me a happy reader. :) lol

More please!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Bound.

07/17/2012
23.0% "Ian Holt in the house. I wanna know how he was before with all the naive/ smart/ innocent qualities."