Lindy's Reviews > Falling to Pieces

Falling to Pieces by Vannetta Chapman

May 29, 2012

Read in May, 2012

Short Summary
Callie, an Englisher in Amish terms, is yearning for a peace she hasn’t had in years but stays too busy to come to the realization on her own. After an argument with her boss in Houston, she quits. Will she now have that time? Will inheriting a quilt shop and closing out her Aunt Daisy’s affairs after her untimely death provide her with any peace? A Texan who is very dependent on her electronics and fast paced life is called to the much slower paced town of Shipshewana, Indiana. Can Callie learn to fit in amongst the Amish?
Deborah, married mother of five, has high hopes. Her need to help her two closest friends and their family has involved her in a very dangerous situation when someone is murdered. She needs Callie’s help in more than one way. Will Callie stay and help? Will they get hurt in the process?
Vanetta Chapman shows us in this book that there is a place for pain in our lives. Sharing this pain and by the grace of God we can get through it.
Liked
I could relate to Callie on many levels and I believe that anyone who has lost someone they love can as well. The other characters are so lifelike you feel as though you step right into their home upon opening the book.
The story was easy to read and kept me doing so late into the night.
The murder mystery has such a twist that it kept me guessing all the way to the end.
I highly recommend this book. The families are very warm and inviting and the mystery keeps you on your toes throughout. Vanetta Chapman has written a great Amish mystery and I cannot wait to read the rest of the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling to Pieces.