Mark's Reviews > Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Sep 26, 2008

bookshelves: graphic-novel, humor

Enjoyable if you take it for what it is. Nice mix of sarcasm and gamer humor, if that's what you're into.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1.

Molly Magro if that's what you're into..do do doo do do dooo if that's what, you're into

Mark how about him? him and you? with food? in the nude?

message 3: by Bob (new)

Bob Well, I just read the first three books of this series. I think your review sums it up pretty well. After my initial skim-thru, I was expecting wittier dialog. I like the art OK(more than I can say about so many things like this), but it's often difficult to tell one character from another. My main problem with it, tho, is that the main character is bland. Is that intentional? Am I being dim? I like almost everyone in the books better than Scott Pilgrim.

Mark Bob wrote: "Well, I just read the first three books of this series. I think your review sums it up pretty well. After my initial skim-thru, I was expecting wittier dialog. I like the art OK(more than I can say..."

I would definitely agree that the art is tricky and that it is very hard to tell the characters apart sometimes. The dialogue and humor, I think, is spot on after reading all of them. Its a very nice blend of gamer/nerd humor with some sharp sarcasm. Hate to say it, but I think its kinda a generational thing :/ Has Andy read them? I almost guarantee that he will get it.