M.A. Bronson's Reviews > Through the Door

bookshelves: runawaypen-reviews, ebooks
Read from June 06 to 14, 2012

Genre: Fantasy

Rating: 5/5 Stars

Loved it! The book follows Cedar and her daughter, Eden as they discover they're not who they thought they were.

I loved all the Celtic mythology in the book and the whole 'door' concept was also awesome. I really liked the fact that Cedar had a daughter. Obviously a big part of the story but most of the books I read never have the main characters have children. So I thought that made the story unique from the very beginning.

I don't want to give too much away but when this one character showed up, I literally jumped up and yelled 'Yes', which earned me some very strange looks from the neighbors as I was reading on my porch at the time. I loved the whole cast of characters and I found Cedar to be a very likeable main character. I would have prefered a little more time between Finn and Cedar but the book is fantasy not romance so I understood.

It did get a little annoying in the beginning when Cedar didn't know what was going on and the other characters kept reminding her of that, but I suppose if I'm angry with some characters then I'm really invested in the story. :)

And the ending, well I'll let you read for yourself. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through the Door.