Scott Hayden's Reviews > Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

Crazy Love by Francis Chan

May 29, 2012

bookshelves: christianity
Read from June 25 to July 11, 2012

The chapter called "Who really lives that way," was most encouraging. Chan interweaves the high demands of God for our total submission with the creativity of God whose life never looks exactly the same in any two people. "We have a...Creator, not a Duplicator." Without backing down on the call to abandon yourself to God's overwhelming love, Chan avoids the common "do it like me" mentality.

Good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Love.

Quotes Scott Liked

Francis Chan
“But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through.”

Francis Chan
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”

Francis Chan
“God's definition of what matters is pretty straightforward. He measures our lives by how we love.”

Francis Chan
“Can you worship a God who isn't obligated to explain His actions to you? Could it be your arrogance that makes you think God owes you an explanation?”

Francis Chan
“It ought to be the business of every day to prepare for our final day (attributed to Matthew Henry)”

Francis Chan
“We have a God who is a Creator, not a duplicator.”

06/25/2012 page 108
53.0% ""Our greatest fear as individuals and as a church should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.""