Stephanie Marsh's Reviews > Thoughtless

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

May 28, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012

I present to you a series of Facebook comments I posted to a friend's wall between 3 and 7 a.m. (which is when I read the last half of this book). (Yes, I am still suffering the consequences of staying up until 7 a.m. thankyouverymuch.)

"Okay, it's official. I hate her."
(I really did. I've never disliked a lead character so much.)

"Fuck this book. HOW ARE THERE STILL 70 PAGES LEFT?!"
(There was enough drama to make two books.)

"HATE. THIS. BITCH."
(See? I really did hate her.)

"Oops. Didn't mean to shout that, but yeah. HATE!"

"I can't believe I chose this book. I detest it."
(No, not really. But it sure did induce some very strong emotions. As you can probably tell.)

"No, I'm still not done. Fuck this book again. I finally stopped crying and now I'm starving. I'm gonna be awake to see the sun rise. FML."
(There's nothing worse than staying up so late that you get hungry.)

"Did I mention this bitch needs to be punched in the face. She stands around for half the book like a fucking mute!"
(There was one scene in particular where her silence made me want to do serious bodily harm. It was awful. I cried.)

"The cursing is out of hand, I know... But if ever a book deserved a few F words, it's THIS ONE."

"And now I'm dead. Good freaking night."
(Obviously Goodreads needs to add a 6th star. One that means "my head just exploded.")

If I were to rate the book based on how thoroughly it engaged my emotions, 5 stars easy. If I were to rate it based on how I felt about Keira, 1 star. On how it has kept my attention even after I've finished reading? 5 stars.

Yesterday, I found a fan made trailer for the book. Watching it, even after having FINISHED READING, got me almost... giddy. So maybe I loved it.

Or I hated it.

I'm still not sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thoughtless.

Desireedenato Have you read The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher? I'm not sure if you'll love that lead or hate her, but she is VERY proactive in getting what she wants. You should check it out. One of my favorite books.

Stephanie Marsh Desireedenato wrote: "Have you read The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher? I'm not sure if you'll love that lead or hate her, but she is VERY proactive in getting what she wants. You should check it out. One of my favorite b..."

You got my interest. I had to see what it was about... then I started scrolling through reviews. I'm not sure I can do it. I'm not sure I have the energy. But I am very, very intrigued...

Desireedenato Oh, are you emotionally exhausted after Thoughtless? Maybe, you should take a break. But, don't miss out.

Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews) YES! All of what you said! And I think my head did indeed explode!!! FUCK!!!! I've never in my life been so irritated by a character...ever, and I read twilight so that's saying something!

Cole LOL...at least your review is honest. I truly think that Keira is what pulled the ratings down in this book. I only went down to a 4 though, because any book that keeps me up until sunrise is doing something right! Have you read Love Unscripted yet? It is similiar to this, minus the immature Keira and love triangle! Amazing story!!!