A.B. Gayle's Reviews > Rosso e Grigio

Rosso e Grigio by A.B. Gayle

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: glbt-romance, gay, lgbt, books-i-wrote

I would like to use this opportunity to give some background to the series "Opposites Attract".

In these books, I will be exploring differences between the protagonists backgrounds and personalities as this is what creates the conflict that all stories need.

So, be warned if that's not the type of book you like, stay away! There will be no murders to solve or car chases. Car crashes maybe....

Full length books will deal with different pairings (or back to back novellas in some cases).

Familiar characters will make appearances in other people's "books" and the final book in the series "Death+Glory" will draw them all together.

I've started this already, as the reporter who plays a pivotal role in "Red+Blue" actually starred in his own novella "Mardi Gras". One day I hope to write another novella as a sequel to this and re-badge the two as "Pride+Prejudice". (Mardi Gras is the term given to Australia's annual Pride parade.)

Similarly, fans of "Caught" will be relieved to hear that Taylor and Daniel will be revisited in "Bound" to create "Caught+Bound", but they also pop up in the next book in the series (due out March/April) "Leather+Lace".

The thing with "Opposites" is that, on the surface people may seem opposites, but they usually possess some characteristics that are common. The question then arises as to whether, when the realities of everyday life crop up, there is enough glue to bind them together in the long term.

Hence, as well as these main books featuring different couples. I definitely intend to write a follow up to "Red+Blue" called "Give+Take" which takes place about a year in the future.

Warning, though, I'm a slow writer so please be patient!

In the meantime, check out my Pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/abgaylewriter/re...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rosso e Grigio.

Finished Reading
May 28, 2012 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Emily So will Give+Take focus on Ben and Adrian???? Or different people?

message 2: by A.B. (new) - added it

A.B. Gayle Hi Emily. "Give+Take" will definitely be Ben's and Adrian' story. Other people will make appearances but their stories will come later. This will explore the difficulties of "Staying Together". I didn't feel a quick epilogue would do that justice.
Thanks for asking.

Emily Thank you for the reply :) I look forward to reading it.