Eva's Reviews > If You Ask Me

If You Ask Me by Betty White

May 28, 2012

it was ok
Read in May, 2012

A perfectly good book if you care about Betty White. But I just tried it out because it was one of the kindle titles available through my library ;P

Some quotes:

So I said to the audience ... “I look out here and everybody is famous. And I’ve had the privilege of knowing many of you and working with some of you—I’ve even had a few of you! You know who you are.” Afterward, as I was led back to my table, George Clooney was at the podium. He saw me walking across the room and said, “And while I’m here, I’d like to thank Betty White for her discretion.” - location 306

Add a note
I can remember once being told by an author—who was rather well known at the time—that on the rare occasions when he hit a stubborn writer’s block, there was only one specific brand of green-lined paper that could get him started again. He called it his “paper laxative.” - location 438

Add a note
One day I went into the closet and came out screaming for my mother, “Patsy broke!! Patsy broke!!” She’d had a litter of kittens, and I thought she’d come apart. - location 982

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You Ask Me.