mw138's Reviews > Good Bones

Good Bones by Kim Fielding

May 28, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: m-m-romance, netgalley, paranormal, opposites-attract

Werewolf/shapeshifter stories aren't really my thing, but the synopsis caught my eye and seemed interesting. All in all, the story was okay. Dylan is an architect who was bitten by a werewolf a couple of years ago and now has to deal with shifting every full moon. After a few close calls, he decides to move out to the country. He buys a house that needs major renovation and enlists the help of his hot neighbor, Chris, who is a redneck and seemingly uneducated and uncultured. The men forge a reluctant relationship that soon turns into something more.

While the sex scenes were good, it seemed like that's what most of the relationship consisted of. Chris was constantly insulting Dylan, but would immediately get defensive if he thought Dylan was doing the same to him, which most of the time he wasn't. I understood Chris had his own issues, but he seemed like a such a girl about stuff. Then his feelings magically turned and he has feelings for the hipster that he's positive will leave him at any minute.

I just couldn't connect with these characters and didn't really root for them. They just seemed like convenient friends with benefits, scratching that itch for each other when the need arose.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Bones.

May 28, 2012 – Started Reading