Wendy Jones's Reviews > The Tehran Initiative

The Tehran Initiative by Joel C. Rosenberg

May 28, 2012

Read from May 28 to June 19, 2012

Having read some of Rosenbergs other books. I was really looking forward to,this one. It is the second in a series of End Times novels which take a premillennial stance. The basic premise of the book is Irannahs developed nuclear warheads and the head of the new world order has emerged in the guise of a Muslim cleric called the 12th Imam. The hero of the story David Shirazi has been sent inside Iran to if d out the location of the warheads. Meanwhile Israel are planning an attack on Iran whilst America sides with Iran and is holding talks with the Imam. Initially this boom is a bit confusing because there are multiple storylines and the story jumps between America, Iran and Israel. This can be a bit disorientating. However, the author soon starts to weave everything together and a fast paced story emerges. So why the 4 stars. Partly becaus elf the confusion at the beginning and because 1 storyone, that of Marseille (David's friend) was nev developed properly. I couldn't reallys ee where,she fitted into the storyline and one major question about her was never answered. Now this is a series, and I have so say I have not read book number 1, so it may have been clearer had I done so. I am also hoping that things are made clearer in subsequent books. Saying all this it was a good book and I would certainly recommend and would read other books in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tehran Initiative.