Kaushal Dhruw's Reviews > The Edge of Desire

7451924
May 28, 2012

liked it
Read in May, 2012

Tuhin A. Sinha has done a wonderful job in creating this novel. The journey of woman from no-one to someone is awesome. I enjoyed reading her journey. But my enjoyment was short lived.

After about 150-160 pages (half of the story). The turn of events seems irrelevant. The first half of the story is a treat but the other half is like reading Indian history via some documentary files. I had to force myself to finish this story, I lost interest after I finished like 60-65% of it. Most of the things are about how India is, how is the election process, how you get things done, how money laundering is done in Kerala, how naxals operate in some parts of Chhattisgarh etc. Where/What is the desire and where do one find its edge? Mr. Sinha failed to justify the title properly.

I do admire the way Mr. Sinha portrayed the uncertainties that crawls inside a human mind AND the way he presented a simplified version of the complexities of politics. But I can't avoid the presence of some of the unwanted characters and descriptions. The language he used is good.

Throughout the story the feelings of the lead character is given utmost importance but her inaction to do anything without her mentor gives a feeling that she can only feel and think not act.

I'd recommend this novel to all those who are looking for average paced Indian woman story that involves politics and Indian history.

<(view spoiler)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Edge of Desire.

02/09 marked as: read