Pam Ford's Reviews > The Medusa Plot

May 28, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, children, pre-teen-lit
Read on May 28, 2012

As always, the 39 clues (and most of this genre) seems to be about kids saving the world.

The book begins with a nice twist, 7 Cahills getting kidapped...unknown location...unknown enemy...and some escape (not the 7, of course).

Not that I believed the last series, but this book seems to stretch my capabilities of logic. If Dan and Amy hadn't escaped....who would these "people" have gotten to do their bidding? And how can someone plan a heist after planning for a day? And how does Amy's boyfriend know more than any of the Cahills combined? And really...they steal a precious painting, twice? And escape unscathed? And they have a phone that doesn't allow two way communication? And they are going to let the youngest kid do a surgical procedure, like that won't scar him for life??

Of course, this isn't written for adults, so who am I to judge. So, I gave it a 3.4 instead of a 2. It's not bad for children's lit. But it's a little darker than the first series....and this book left a lot of questions...(and not the ones I listed earlier). Guess you have to read the series to find out what happens, which is completely the point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Medusa Plot.