Alicia Nordwell's Reviews > Blood Signs

Blood Signs by Amber Kell

May 27, 2012

I really enjoyed this novella. An older release, I've still read and re-read Blood Signs. It's short, it has paranormal elements that I enjoy, and it has some serious alpha male loving going on. I really liked the character dynamics built in between Sasha and Randy.

The variety of characters were nicely done to add all different personalities but were a bit predictable. We had the powerful, scary, yet sweet for you alpha male in Sasha. The fun loving protective friend in Liam, the ubiquitous second in command in Tian, the smart ass in Dustin, his cocky would be mate in the beta, the creepy subtle villain and the bad boy obvious villain. (not naming due to spoilers-I hate those)

My biggest complaint is two fold. One, this was a bit too predictable and formulaic. It also wasn't as expanded on as it could be. I got that Randy's lack of knowledge about vampires was deliberate but I'd have liked to see more of the supernatural elements. That could have corrected my first issue with the story, if the common paranormal tropes had been avoided and something inventive had been shared, which would have extended the book too-something I'd always like to see more of with Amber Kell works.

All in all ... this eBook still hit a lot of my favorite themes. I enjoyed it, and it's a nice quick read for when I don't have anything new and want to read something with a paranormal/contemporary theme.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Signs.

Finished Reading