Andy Mitchell's Reviews > Called to Controversy: The Unlikely Story of Moishe Rosen and the Founding of Jews for Jesus

Called to Controversy by Ruth Rosen

May 27, 2012

Read in May, 2012

I am a bit too young to remember Moishe Rosen’s founding work with Jews for Jesus.

After reading this book, I feel like I might have been there in the middle of it all.

The author is one of Moishe’s two daughters, and she clearly didn’t hold back. There is insider information and fascinating behind-the-scenes stories in every chapter.

I also enjoyed learning more about his leadership style, the good and the bad. It is interesting to learn more about a great leader’s strengths and faults.

Each chapter begins with a quote, and the text is peppered with many other memorable sayings: “Don’t let yourself become a desk jockey. People spend too much time sitting at their desks.”

“We take God seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.”

“A shepherd doesn’t let the wolves meet the sheep.”

If you’re at all interested in learning more about one of the most influential Jewish Christian evangelists of all time, then I recommend you pick up this book. I highly recommend it!

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Called to Controversy.