♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme's Reviews > Burn for You

Burn for You by Annabel Joseph
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
3089655
This was a difficult book for me. Or perhaps a painful book for me. The first third of the book, I hated it. I mean, 1 star and I wanted to just wipe Molly out of Mesphisto's life. I guess it's true, you can't always control who you fall in love with.

Molly disgusted me. Ms. Joseph did an excellent job of showing the ugly side of this character. Molly is selfish, hateful and broken. She is broken and she revels in it. What is up with these psychotic submissive/slaves? And how does Ms. Joseph write them so damn vile? The cruel words spewing out of this immature drama queen is a shock to the system. I was really hoping Molly would commit suicide through her abuse of drugs, alcohol and unremembered random sex. Nope, not so. Mephisto to the rescue!

That poor bugger, Mephisto burns for her. Buddy, that is probably an STD she gave you. That's why it burns you *whispers - down there*. But seriously, Mephisto steps up again and helps Molly get on her feet as she continues her path of cruel emotional and psychological destruction - of HIM.

At the 1/2 way mark, I'm debating if I can even rate this book at a 2 star for being okay. I'm really kicking myself for forcing myself to read the book. I admire Ms. Joseph. I think her writing is powerful. Her attention to detail is good. Her character building is awesome. Her storyline is so realistic. God, how am I going to give this a rating that will have many hate me? It's these bloody characters. I don't know which editors/publishers tell authors this, but they are right. Doesn't matter how good story is written, if the main character is not liked, the readers will have a hard time liking it and rating it well.

Did I mention the BDSM? The BDSM scenes are fabulous and I adore each and every single scene. The cage, the role playing, the TPE, all of it is so bloody good. WHY? WHY must the main character be such a bloody head case that makes me embarrassed to witness their behaviour? The character isn't even real. This fictional character, Molly is not normal and she knows it. She can't accept herself for being what she is and she just drags everyone onto her crazy train. I want OFF THE TRAIN!

I'm with Lorna, Mephisto's good friend. I think Molly is a train wreck and will ruin his life. There is NOTHING redeemable about her. Thank God she can't procreate and produce some mini-crazy-Molly. Yup, that's how much I dislike Molly. Then about the last third of the book, Molly starts to grow up. It's surprising although based on how Ms. Joseph wrote it, it's really not that surprising. It is more like a big relief. I actually thoroughly enjoyed the last third of the book so I can at least say by the end of the story, I'm happy. This is why the book rated a 3 star despite my rantings and ravings. My favourite line in the book - "Being in labor is not the time to brag about your pain tolerance!" This book is recommended to kinky readers who love the crazies who end up being redeemed and lovable.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burn for You.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

May 27, 2012 – Shelved
Started Reading
November 17, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Michael Dunellen I love reading your reviews so much because we look at things so so differently. I don't really disagree with you about Molly but I had no sympathy for Mephisto.


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Michael wrote: "I love reading your reviews so much because we look at things so so differently. I don't really disagree with you about Molly but I had no sympathy for Mephisto."

I think it's because I didn't read the books in order! For some reason I thought I had to read this one before Molly's lips. Drat! Double Drat!!


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ You crack me up, BA. I like the whole STD inference. Sad to say but I liked this one for all the reasons you hated it. But I did enjoy reading your rant.


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "You crack me up, BA. I like the whole STD inference. Sad to say but I liked this one for all the reasons you hated it. But I did enjoy reading your rant."

:) I'm glad you enjoyed the book and loved it. Ms. Joseph is a powerful writer, isn't she? AND, she's showing up to the BDSM group for a BDSM Bedtime Stories for Season 2. ^_^ YAY!!!!


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ I'm making my way through her stuff & I like her a lot especially that she's not big into contrived obstacles to a relationship. That gets old after awhile & I mean aren't relationships hard enough without somebody getting butt hurt over something trivial & blowing it up into Mt. Everest?

Bedtime stories? Those readings that you & the other Mods do? I'm guessing that means she's got something new coming out. I need to get busy reading the comfort series then. :/


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "I'm making my way through her stuff & I like her a lot especially that she's not big into contrived obstacles to a relationship. That gets old after awhile & I mean aren't relationships hard enough without somebody getting butt hurt over something trivial & blowing it up into Mt. Everest?

Bedtime stories? Those readings that you & the other Mods do? I'm guessing that means she's got something new coming out. I need to get busy reading the comfort series then. :/ "


Oh geesh. I read this and thought you said blowing Mt. Everest up their butt. O_o yeah, I agree with you. I can't stand the contrived conflicts either.

As for the BDSM bedtime stories - yup! It's actually just me reading them. The other mods are not. I've roped in 2 additional females and 2 males to read for me. ^_^


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ LMAO!!!!! That would be something to blow Mt. Everest up one's butt. I think I'll have to pass on that deal though.

Roped them, huh? I'm sure that was torturous for them. *winks* I hope you roped the guy with the voice of sin. Jesus... he should bottle that thing, have it manufactured as 100% effective for getting your intended on their knees in front of you, begging. No way am I getting any sleep after listening to that! Bedtime story, my ass.


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "LMAO!!!!! That would be something to blow Mt. Everest up one's butt. I think I'll have to pass on that deal though.

Roped them, huh? I'm sure that was torturous for them. *winks* I hope you roped the guy with the voice of sin. Jesus... he should bottle that thing, have it manufactured as 100% effective for getting your intended on their knees in front of you, begging. No way am I getting any sleep after listening to that! Bedtime story, my ass.
"


He's just as sexy in person. I've had the opportunity to meet him and his wife for dinner three times now. He's pretty much Dom all the time.


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Meow. I'll just hate her a tiny lil bit. Lucky girl. How'd you stop yourself from jumping him or kneeling before him whichever the case may be?


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "Meow. I'll just hate her a tiny lil bit. Lucky girl. How'd you stop yourself from jumping him or kneeling before him whichever the case may be?"

We are out in public...This last time it was interesting. We did a little D/s in the matter of servitude. I served both of them during dinner. Getting the food, getting their drinks, trying to follow formal protocol. It was more difficult than I expect. I flubbed up several times.


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ You mean you didn't get called a good girl? *sad face* You know what they say, BA, if at first you don't succeed... And I think I'll hate you a lil bit for getting to serve The Voice.


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "You mean you didn't get called a good girl? *sad face* You know what they say, BA, if at first you don't succeed... And I think I'll hate you a lil bit for getting to serve The Voice."

lol - He has quite the look down too, from his eyes. His wife is more relaxed about it. Her preference is Topping rather than Domming.


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Wait... did you "flub" on purpose just to get the "punishment"? lol

And wait again... he's a Dom & she's a what? I'm not sure I know what the difference is between Topping & Domming? Like topping from the bottom?


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "Wait... did you "flub" on purpose just to get the "punishment"? lol

And wait again... he's a Dom & she's a what? I'm not sure I know what the difference is between Topping & Domming? Like topping from the bottom? "


No, I didn't flub on purpose. I didn't even realize I was making mistakes until he explained it. Unfortunately, no punishment was carried out. :/ Just disappointing him.

The difference is...Domming revolves around D/s with submission. She's not interested in D/s. She is into the BD and SM. So she tops a bottom. Nothing to do with topping from the bottom.


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Oh no! Not the disappointed face! *cringe* AND no punishment too?!?! *sad face supreme*

That seems like a very interesting relationship. Perhaps you'll get another opportunity to redeem yourself. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "Oh no! Not the disappointed face! *cringe* AND no punishment too?!?! *sad face supreme*

That seems like a very interesting relationship. Perhaps you'll get another opportunity to redeem yourself. ..."


Well, my DH would have to agree. Because both of them really would enjoy a doing the following:

1. Fireplay
2. Caning
3. Violet wand
4. Breathplay

And a few unmentionables...


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Sounds like a good time, BA. *grins* Would it be totally inappropriate to ask for a newsflash/short story after this thing goes down? LOL... I'm such a perv.


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "Sounds like a good time, BA. *grins* Would it be totally inappropriate to ask for a newsflash/short story after this thing goes down? LOL... I'm such a perv."

I wrote a story of what they would be interested in doing to me. I need to edit it. If you want to read it, send me a PM and I'll give you a copy whenever I finally edit it. Be warned, it's pure porn.


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Clearly, I have no shame so I'm not above porn. I just asked you for a short story of your sex life fer God's sake! I passed decorum a long time ago. I'll send you a PM; I have an author question for you anyways.


message 20: by ♆ BookAddict (last edited Jul 24, 2013 07:50PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "Clearly, I have no shame so I'm not above porn. I just asked you for a short story of your sex life fer God's sake! I passed decorum a long time ago. I'll send you a PM; I have an author question f..."

lol - well, it's an "imagined" sex life. As in what they would like to do if they got their hands on me.


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Poor you. That must be terrible for you to have people...ahem...excuse me, "sexy" people with voices built for sin to be openly fantasizing about you. I'm not sure how you stand it. How can you get out of bed every day with that much of a burden hanging on you? Rough, so rough... Perhaps I should start a sympathy campaign for you? Cards, flowers, monetary donations? *wink*


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "Poor you. That must be terrible for you to have people...ahem...excuse me, "sexy" people with voices built for sin to be openly fantasizing about you. I'm not sure how you stand it. How can you get out of bed every day with that much of a burden hanging on you? Rough, so rough... Perhaps I should start a sympathy campaign for you? Cards, flowers, monetary donations? *wink* "

I'm thinking you are being sarcastic here... *blink blink*


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Wha? I'm wounded, BA.

description


Does this look like the face of sarcasm? Envy perhaps. lol


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "Wha? I'm wounded, BA.




Does this look like the face of sarcasm? Envy perhaps. lol"


lol - Okay. Well, when you read it, you can let me know if you are still envious. It's a lot of dub-con.


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Please. Dub-con is right up my alley as long as no one's getting raped, we're golden.


♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Optimist wrote: "Please. Dub-con is right up my alley as long as no one's getting raped, we're golden."

Er, about that.


Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ LOL...don't worry I'm sure it'll be fine.


back to top