Melee's Reviews > Hexed

May 27, 2012

it was ok
Recommended to Melee by: Nathan
Read from May 24 to 27, 2012

after finishing Hounded, i was pretty much ready to part ways with Atticus O'Sullivan and his network of supernaturals. I was convinced to read this one with one mere phrase, The Virgin Mary. now, Mary is my homegirl, and i really wanted to meet her in the context of Atticus's world. it was a brief appearance, but it was nice to see her.

i could have stopped reading at that point, but my terrible urge to finish books kicked in.

it was also great to see more Atticus's irish wolfhound and the elder irish woman. the pair of them are my favorite by far. so much personality packed into such short lives (compared to the decades old witches and centuries old gods).

as the book progressed, i found myself skimming more. tired of any scene with any witch involved. i tired of Atticus's libido kicking in whenever a pretty woman should show her face (and there are plenty of them, humans, witches, goddesses, you name it), and i tired of his constant trivial geek cred showing face. the more Atticus thoughts would turn geek, the more i doubted he was truly an ancient druid. and the more beautiful goddesses threw themselves at him, the more i equated him to Bella Swan of Twilight fame.

this book is where i part with with druid Atticus O'Sullivan. even a teaser, the appearance of Jesus Christ, was not enough to pick up the third installment Hammered. and so be it. have fun Atticus. fare the well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hexed.

05/23/2016 marked as: read