The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger's Reviews > Fated

Fated by Alyson Noel

May 27, 2012

liked it

Read Full Review At The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger

I felt like the romance in the synopsis was built up a lot more than it actually is in the book. I'm a romance freak so this was a major blow for me. Daire starts off having these steamy encounters with Dace in her dreams, but when it comes to their relationship in real life, the whole thing was just blahhhhh. Dace's classification as the "good twin" just makes him extremely boring (definitely nothing compared to the swoon worthy Damen in the Immortals). What really boggles my mind is that, practically nothing went on between Daire and Dace...but...all of a sudden, by the end, their boyfriend and girlfriend?! What the hell? It just makes no sense. What I'm really hoping for in book two is that we'll get to see a deeper side to Dace's character- right now he's to good...I need to see some bad boy in him she pleads desperately

The evil-bad guy in Fated was a bit of a let down. Cade (Dace's evil twin) felt like one of those bad actors on tv that overact their role. I think Noel was trying to create an intimidating and mysterious character, but instead, I looked at him as a big-egoed teenager. While Dace was too good, Cade was too bad......together they might be a decent character! In addition, the climax of the book completely lacked the action it needed to become more exciting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fated.

Quotes The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger Liked

Alyson Noel
“Are you staring at me because you've seen my doppelganger roaming the halls, playing kind of the cafeteria? Or because you need to borrow a pencil and you're too shy to ask?”

Alyson Noel
“Some may say I'm perceptive"
"And what would you say?" I ask, my voice edgy, tired of being toyed with.
"I'd say I agree.”

“So it's a yes, then?"
To blue-corn pancakes or being your girlfriend?”