Joti's Reviews > Torn

Torn by Amanda Hocking

May 27, 2012

Read on May 27, 2012

** spoiler alert ** OMG! after Wendy came back home, the Vittra kidnapped her --and Loki - I just love the guy - but i feel bad for him, too - the Vittra King, Oren, Wendy's father (OMFG) is so cruel to him :( ---plus, Wendy escaped with Rhys and Matt :) and i like Finn and Wendy but he's being such an asshole - he always puts duty first, love/peronal needs second - AND OMG Matt and Willa!!! LOL Wendy walked in on them making out!! hilarious!!! :D they're so cute :) <3 plus, now matt adn rhys, his actual brother that wendy was switvched with, are getting to know each other - and rhys started dating rhiannon, willa's switched host family girl. and Loki came to Trylle on the King's orders to get Wendy back - i like loki and wendy - he even asked her to marry him and to run away with him but she had to refuse - she has a kingdom to look after and her duty as the next Queen - and then Elora collapsed! and she told wendy about the past and what happened between her and Oren and how now wendy is the heir to both kingdoms, trylle and vittra because of parentage - and Wendy is getting married to Tove!!! Tove is so sweet! but she's marrying him because she has to and her mother Elora is securing her daughter's chance at being Queen. I'm surprised Wendy didn't put up more of a fight though, i mean getting married at eighteen - so they had the engagement party in that bonus story ---and Tove is gay!! and it's why Finn doesn't care if Wendy marries him - but Tove is so nice and the engagement ring he got her! :) and Loki was getting tortured at the end by oren :$
and I HATE SARA!!! SHE IS SOO DAMNED PATHETIC!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH HER!!!! >:@ AND SAME WITH THE CHANCELLOR - FUCKING CREEPY PERV MUCH? OMG, LIKE NO. SERIOUSLY. IF THERE'S ANOTHER BETTER, I HOPE HE DIES.

Excited to read the third and final book! wanna know what happens! - plus, i don't think Tove and Wendy will actually get married - i don't think they'll go through with the marriage- something big will probably happen and stuff

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torn.

Quotes Joti Liked

Amanda Hocking
“He stepped into my room with one graceful move, as if entering through bedroom windows was nothing out of the ordinary.”

Amanda Hocking
“As a rule, I don't enjoy being tossed into closets and having the door shut on my face, but I knew he was protecting me.”

Amanda Hocking
“Tove had blown the doors open with his abilities, and he stood on the other side of them, looking astonishigly bad ass.”

Amanda Hocking
“Right then, it didn't matter what his reasons were. All I knew that I was sick of him breaking my heart.”

Amanda Hocking
“He might as well have been telling me to build a damn rocketship. I had no idea what to do.”

Amanda Hocking
“Oh yeah. That's why. Like a fairy tale. I was marrying the Prince. I just happened to be in love with the pauper.”

Amanda Hocking
“What I told you before is still true. I want to know that when you're with me, it's because you want to be, not because you have to be.”

Amanda Hocking
“And I'm stuck in it with no way out. I love you, and I can't stop, and you don't even care!”

Amanda Hocking
“I don’t know. After the downstairs, I assumed something creepier and dirtier.” I
shrugged. “You didn’t have electricity down there.”
“It’s for dramatic effect.” Loki gestured widely. “It’s a dungeon.”
tags: humor

Amanda Hocking
“I don't care where I come from or who you are. I can make you happy, and you make me happy. We could have a happily ever after.”

Amanda Hocking
“And I have two eyes. I’ve seen that little melodrama play out between you and that other tracker. Fish? Flounder? What’s his name?”

05/27/2012 page 263