LARRY's Reviews > Brisingr

liked it
bookshelves: final_frontier, young_adults
Read in November, 2008

As posted in [http://www.amazon.com]:

Simply put, I was less than impressed with *Brisingr*. To be honest, I kind of expected it. *Eragon* was fantastic! *Eldest* was not quite up to par. *Brisingr*...well, I could not wait to finish it and that is not necessarily a good thing.

While I appreciated the background stories, I thought they were too detailed (in other words, dragged on and on) or unnecessary. Eragon's departures from Saphira. The whole Dwarf coronation, politics, and attempted murder. Ayra and Eragon's undercover travels. Roran's Hecurlic tasks before proving himself worthy of military service. Elva, the witch child, and her enigmatic personality. All these and other substories really drag the whole point of the story....Eragon is supposed to be confronting and fighting Galbatorix!

Alas, you don't get rewarded such a battle. That's because Paolini decided to expand the trilogy. So, I read the entire book for what?!?!? Oh, just to read how Eragon acquired this Brisingr sword. I seriously do not know if I'll bother reading the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brisingr.