Cecilia's Reviews > Anne of Hollywood

Anne of Hollywood by Carol Wolper

May 26, 2012

liked it

I still have yet to finish The Tudors with the ever-lusty Jonathan Rhys Meyer because my DVD player broke down, but with 2 seasons under my belt, I feel confident that I knew all there was to know about Anne Boleyn to dive into anne of hollywood. Unfortunately, the scandalous lives of the 16th century nobility do not mirror the scandalous lives of the Hollywood elite as well as I had expected. The characters and their motives, while present, fell a little flat, and not enough time was spent to develop these modern personalities to match their infamous historical counterparts. It is one thing to know whom Henry Tudor represented, but it is another to see that charisma ooze out of the pages. I wanted to see steam rise up from the pages of anne of hollywood with all the lust and love and betrayal and dramatic tension, but what I got was a bunch of characters who did not ace their history test. anne of hollywood reminded me of Gigi Levange Grazer books, so fans of The Starter Wife or maneater may appreciate another literary spin on the Hollywood scene. As for me, I will stick with Hollywood on silver screen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne of Hollywood.