Jessica Bingham's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

May 26, 2012

bookshelves: adult
Read in August, 2012

So first let me say that this is not my normal reading taste. I am a librarian and everyone and their mother (and my aunt) were raving about it. I put this book on hold over 3 months ago and I just got it and finished it this week. Second, I would like to note that I hated the Twilight books!!! The fact that this was Twilight fan fiction put me off even more. However, I actually enjoyed this book. I can see how it is not for everyone. Yes, there is a lot of sex (and seriously what romance book does not have a lot of sex in it *Cough Cough* Diana Gabaldon) but there was less S&M stuff then I was expecting. The acts that were discribed were relatively tame to what could have happened. I feel like once you look past "that" part of the book you can enjoy the love story taking place between Ana and Christian. I am looking forward to waiting another 3+ months for the second book to find out what happens between these two characters.