Heather Gadd's Reviews > Little Creeping Things

Little Creeping Things by Chelsea Ichaso

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2020

This was just too much teenage drama for my taste, especially since it’s not even specified as YA or otherwise. I had to talk myself into finishing this book. Multiple times I wanted to just put it down and walk away. The writing itself wasn’t bad, the author has an incredible voice and knows how to create an enthralling tale. My issue was with the characters. Throughout the entire read I was enraged with the main character, Cassidy, who proved to be a selfish teenager who plays victim while inflicting the same behaviors from which she suffers. A bully who spreads lies and gossip while decrying her own trauma and treatment. It was such a gross display of irresponsibility that it was hard to focus on the actual story because I was too busy being angry. Even with multiple opportunities to come clean, or be a good person, or just be honest, Cassidy refuses to take the higher road. Until the bitter end, she remains a petulant and possessive.

I was given an advanced copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Creeping Things.

May 29, 2020 – Started Reading