Natasha's Reviews > Solstice

Solstice by Donna Burgess

May 26, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed-written

Author Donna Burgess sure gives readers a entertaining, action packed and chilling read with Solstice and as we follow several small groups through this modern day apocalypse, we are given no explanation to why or what caused this zombie (or Rager's) apocalypse, other than a mysterious flash. Which I loved.

As for the book characters, I found that many were believable in both their thinking and actions. I even found myself really rooting for some of the book characters, while other book characters, I just wished they met a rager sooner, rather then later. Also at the start of the book we do have a few different POV to follow, which at times was confusing and also frustrating, because just as one group's story was hanging on a cliff-hanger the POV changed to another group. The good news is that as we get further into the book, it dwindles down to one POV.

Now about these zombies or as the author calls them 'Ragers'. They are not your typical 'I want to eat you', slow moving in both mind and body. No way, these rager's minds work just like humans, they can think and talk, only difference is that they now have a unending hunger for flesh, and things that kill humans don't kill them. ( well unless its a shot to the head.) Which makes this book more enjoyable, than I thought it would be.

I'm hoping author Donna Burgess, makes this into a series or even just writes a 2nd book. I for sure would not hesitate in buying it. So in the end, I am happily giving 'Solstice: A Novel of the Zombie Apocalypse' a 5 star review and think my reader's should check this book out as soon as they can. Its a fantastic read and well worth your time.

Will you be adding "Solstice: A Novel of the Zombie Apocalypse by Donna Burgess" to your reading list or have you all ready had the pleasure of reading it? If so. Let's talk.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Solstice.

May 26, 2012 – Shelved
August 8, 2012 – Started Reading
August 8, 2012 –
page 34
13.88% "Only 8 chapters into this book and I have a feeling it's going to be a 5 star book review because of author Donna Burgess spectacular writing. If you haven't seen this book before then I suggest you add it to your to be read list and grab yourself a copy. I'm even surprised to say that this book looks like it may even get into my top 10 books for 2012."
August 15, 2012 – Finished Reading