Tari's Reviews > The Broken Spine

The Broken Spine by Dorothy St. James

bookshelves: wish-list, netgalley

While I definitely hated the idea of a bookless library, I loved Tru's solution to the problem which resulted in a huge secret and a lot of personal guilt on her part when a guy was killed upstairs in the library while she was downstairs stocking the secret shelves.

Sometimes I was a little confused at what was going on, because a character would ask something, then it wasn't answered directly and a new thing would come up. But it definitely all got wrapped up neatly at the end. (Maybe I was just excited to find out what happened next and read too fast.) I wasn't sure about the killer, but it made total sense. There were some great red herrings that fooled me for a bit too. I was just hoping they'd have an announcement they were going back to a regular library, but I guess if that happened, there wouldn't be any more to look forward to. I'm super anxious now for the next book! This one was very hard to put down!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Broken Spine.

May 30, 2020 – Shelved