Wendy Keel's Reviews > Devil in a Kilt

Devil in a Kilt by Sue-Ellen Welfonder

Read 2 times. Last read May 30, 2020 to June 6, 2020.

A wonderful 20th anniversary edition! So first lets make that clear. This is a reissue of a previously released book. As the author notes she made very few changes.

Now for the story.
First thus us a medieval Scottish historical romance. The story is well written with characters you'll love or love to hate. The villain I still wondered even though I read this one 20yrs ago, I still wondered if he could be redeemed. There are many secondary characters you will love and be eager to see again. The 2 main characters, Duncan and Linnet, are outstanding. Duncan has long been a favorite hero of mine. And young Robbie well, he'll melt your heart. These are flawed, wounded characters, they are not perfect, they are human. They make mistakes. They learn. Linnet is a strong heroine who I have always at times wanted to shake yet I've always understood her actions. Duncan is an alpha hero who doesn't believe he is redeemable. These two lost souls find a love neither expected. Fans of true medieval historical romances especially Scottish ones, not fluff historicals, but true historically based romance will enjoy Devil Ina Kilt. There is a sensualty to this story that is very well written. So this is not a sweet romance. There is violence, danger, romance, love, peace, sensualty and more. And I'm so happy to see this 20th anniversary edition available. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil in a Kilt.

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
June 25, 2012 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
May 30, 2020 – Started Reading