Atmika's Reviews > Forever Mine

Forever Mine by Elizabeth Reyes

May 25, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: chick-lit, contemporary, cute, light-summer-read, romance-love, young-adult

I am confused. I liked the book in bits and pieces.
It is light hearted romance novel. It's not bad but there is nothing breath-taking about it either.

SARAH
Sarah is either too naive or just plain stupid.
Everyone warned her about that coach yet she went with him alone to a secluded place. I mean she almost gets herself raped by that pervert.
Being a "damsel in distress" is not cool anymore.Sometimes it makes sense but here it didn't. I like it better when the female character is strong and can stand up for herself.

She also lied to Angel about her friend. She let him believe that Sydney was a girl.
NEWS FLASH: Hiding the truth is lying
She was scared about how he would react to it because Angel believes that a girl and a boy can never be "just friends." But lying is never a solution and really, so what if her best friend is a boy..?
Just because she is in a relationship with Angel doesn't mean he gets to decide who she can be friends with.
I didn't like her much. I couldn't relate to her.

ANGEL
I liked his name. That's all.
He started out nice but as the story progressed he got irritating. He was just too insecure. Possessiveness is fine. It's actually romantic but there is a limit to everything.

The writing is good. I like how the characters are written. There is depth in them.
Also, I liked the secondary characters more so maybe I would read the other books in the series.

Check Out My Blog For More Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Mine.

May 25, 2012 – Shelved