Anie's Reviews > Dead Meat: Day 4

Dead Meat by Nick Clausen

bookshelves: horror, zombies

It's day four of the outbreak and zombie apocalypse it's on its way. The government is trying its best to contain the spread, setting roadblocks, and urging people to stay inside, but it seems that it's all in vain. Few people still manage to slide through and that is all it takes.

Day 4 is a bit different than previous books, it has a different tone and it's longer, but I think it's my favorite so far. The storyline is kicking up the intensity with each day, the stakes were never higher. The story is told from multiple points of view. It works amazing with the story. Multiple stories, each very intense, and somehow, somewhere they will come together. :)

I don't know if it has to do with the times we are living right now, or something else, but the story never fest more real, than day 4. The way people created to the outbreak: sheer panic, recklessness, violence, toilet paper grabbing, roadblocks, etc, it's not al that different than how it was/is during the recent pandemic. It makes it a million times spookier and scarier.

It's so good, and it's turning to be my favorite zombie series, ever. :)

received from Author
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Meat.

Started Reading