Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)'s Reviews > Acquainted with the Night

Acquainted with the Night by Tymber Dalton

May 25, 2012

bookshelves: alien, scifi_or_futuristic, dubcon_noncon, mpreg, sex-toys, voyeurism, orgy_sex-party, menage, interspecies, age-gap, gay_mm, tear-jerkers-sad, pain-pleasure, master-pet, xenophilia-sex-with-aliens, bondage_use-of-restrains, captured-kidnapped, dog-eared-fav_reread-fav, in-library, maledom, romance, unforgettable_stuck-in-my-head, want-more-after-reading, abuse, adored-loved-sexual-partner, amazing-worldbuilding, anal-sex, bittersweet, captive-captivity-confinement, collaring_on-leash, consensual, emotional, emotional-distress, gangbang_gang-rape, good-characterisation, good-plot, hea_happily-ever-after, humiliation-or-degradation, hurt-comfort, injury_bodily-harm, intense_deep-feelings_tension, intriguing-story, loving-adoring-partner, major-character-death_mcd, naughty-cheeky-character, oral-sex, pet-like-character, pleasure-slaves_sexual-slave-pet, profound-physical-size-difference, public-sex, restricted-freedom, rimming-tongue-sex, scorching-hot, sense-of-hopelessness-despair, sensual_erotic, sex-fest-or-smut-galore, slave-pet-market, sounding_stuffing_fisting, warm-n-fuzzy_sweet-love, unique-story, willing-slave-pet-sub-partner, friends-to-lovers, rape, slave-sub-pet-training, virgin-bottom, slow-burn-romance, beyond-earth, my-treasure-chest, my-deviant-pleasures, gay-for-you
Recommended for: Mpreg, Master-Pet and Angst addict.

Super solid 5-brilliant-stars!

Really loving this one so much. It sorta have everything in it yet it doesn't upset the story and the flow. This book pushes all the right buttons for me.

Angst = CHECK
Mpreg = CHECK - It does not shy away from conceiving and birthing parts too. Wow. One of a kind.
Breeding = CHECK - Aliens breeding humans non-consensual and consensual.
Menage = CHECK
Dubcon/Noncon = CHECK
Aliens = CHECK
Alien-Tentacles-Like-Sex = CHECK CHECK
Interspecies/Xenophilia = CHECK of course
Slave/Pet Collars, cuffs and toys = CHECK - psst.. there's even a milking machine. Ohlalala*
Body Modification = Oh Gawd CHECK tat too.
Fisting = CHECK
Romance = CHECK

Not sure if that helps to sums it all up. But what I do know is that it had me hooked from page one and tearing up here and there till last chapter to Epilogue. Gosh. What a turbulent emotional roller-coaster ride it was. It made me grin like silly and sob and laugh and getting upset when its character suffers any injustice.

Frankly, I was surprised to find a book that has tons of sex in it and yet still manage to actually have a solid storyline plus firmly maintains its reader's attention even when the volume of sex in it could actually drown you.

Took me only a day and a half to finish it. Cos I was literally glued to its pages.

This one is a MUST-READ and MUST-HAVE.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acquainted with the Night.

May 24, 2012 – Started Reading
May 12, 2013 – Shelved as: beyond-earth
June 8, 2013 – Shelved as: my-deviant-pleasures
June 8, 2013 – Shelved as: my-treasure-chest
October 19, 2013 – Shelved as: gay-for-you

Yblees *LOL* okay you've convinced me. Must. Have. Book...

message 2: by Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) (last edited May 06, 2013 12:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Good for you. Believe it or not, this one made me cried buckets too.

There's a milker inside too. Toys! and and err.. something close to a fisting?

I hope I am not scaring you off. This is a must-not-miss-book okay. It is also for those not-easily-offended kind.

Yblees Managed to get a copy. Bookstrand tried to make me enter my address - for an ebook! But I fooled the website by writing nonsense in the blanks. HAH!

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Yblees wrote: "Managed to get a copy. Bookstrand tried to make me enter my address - for an ebook! But I fooled the website by writing nonsense in the blanks. HAH!"

Yay! smart gal. lol.

So, I didn't scare you off yet? Good! I am very very excited to get your feedback on this and compare notes.

I adore this one to bits and pieces *puffs-out-chest*

Elizabetta AAAAAA, you are making me crazy with all these great books I want to get to! Ummmm, I'll calm down now, so glad this was your cup of tea, Kynth!

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Elizabetta wrote: "AAAAAA, you are making me crazy with all these great books I want to get to! Ummmm, I'll calm down now, so glad this was your cup of tea, Kynth!"

E, I am so going for the shocked look on your comment that you have yet to read this one...

I mean, how could you have yet to read this masterpiece that has everything we both loved so much?

Am so judging you now...

...........................................
............................
.....................

LMAO. ROFL.. sowee, I love to tease. Don't get mad kay. Thing is, I can't wait to see your lovely reactions to this fabulous book.

Elizabetta LOL! Hey, get those judgey eyes offa me missy.

EVERYONE says that to me when they find I haven't yet read it. I meant to last month and then... got waylaid by some other book. You know how that goes. A new shiny pops up and ADHD sets in.

(once again you slay me with your inspired gifs :))

It's off to bed for me now, way to late here.

Yblees I tried out some Mpreg a while back. The November series by Kabi was good, but the rest was trash. As for the other checks, extreme body modification is a no-no, but everything else is okay for me.
Tentacles, mmm. Haven't read a good tentacle fic in ages!

message 9: by Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) (last edited May 06, 2013 02:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Yblees wrote: "And Hello Elizabetta. Do you happen to have similar taste in books to Kyn? My friends list is very short... "

I take it this means you love me? *batting eyelashes*

I love Kabi's fics <3

Actually about that b-mod thing for this book, I think it's only minor play. Then again, it has been quite a while since I've read it. It should be mild since I can't seem to recall tat part now.

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Elizabetta wrote: "LOL! Hey, get those judgey eyes offa me missy.

LMAO, you're such a good sport. Judgey eyes off you... for now. lol

And sweet dreams E

message 11: by Sammy (new) - added it

Sammy Loves Books Bawhahahahahahaha!! Kynthos I love that you are as big a Freak as me!!! I was howling as I read your checklist and dammit if that list alone didn't make me want to read this one too!! Awesome review hun!! You had me at Menage and sealed the deal with Orgy, Noncon, and Inter-species!!! Hot Damn!!

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Oh yeah baby, you are in for the funnest sexiest ride of you lifetime then. ;)

We kinksters freaks should stick together more.

Do nudge me when you read it kay. My GR notifications aren't to be trusted.

message 13: by Em (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Great review! I was shocked that I loved this book so much and OMG the ending, I was a right mess!!!

Yblees Em wrote: "Great review! I was shocked that I loved this book so much and OMG the ending, I was a right mess!!!"
I know, right! I was bawling all over my tablet-reader. Thank goodness it wipes down better than paper books ;-P

message 15: by Em (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Yblees wrote: "Em wrote: "Great review! I was shocked that I loved this book so much and OMG the ending, I was a right mess!!!"

Haha, yeah there is that!

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Em wrote: "Great review! I was shocked that I loved this book so much and OMG the ending, I was a right mess!!!"

Thanks Em. This is hands down the most unique gay erotica ever! It sorta have everything in it yet it all worked out just fine and not overwhelming or all over the place. It is also the most sensual and erotic gay lit for me. One of those that I would revisit again and again. An evergreen for me.

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Ybys, I cried buckets too. Real fat tears at tat. Never really had any other gay lits able to do tat to me. The most was a little more moisture in my eyes. But this book? The tears kept coming. And yet, I freaking love it.

message 18: by Em (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Kynthos-the-Archer wrote: "Em wrote: "Great review! I was shocked that I loved this book so much and OMG the ending, I was a right mess!!!"

I agree. It has the lot. I've only read a couple of male-preg and this one was done really well. I read it quite a few months ago and it's still stayed with me. You've reminded me that I need to check out other books by this author:D

message 19: by Marte - Thunderella (last edited May 10, 2014 07:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marte - Thunderella Excellent review! I loved this too!

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Thanks again Marte. We do seem to have common interest bookwise ;)

Elizabetta ack! Still haven't read it. Don't judge me!

Yblees Elizabetta wrote: "ack! Still haven't read it. Don't judge me!"
You're obviously Doomed! ;-P

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) *Sad face at Eebee*

Steelwhisper Elizabetta wrote: ":("

You're not the only one ;) I've had a bad Tymber Dalton experience in the past, so I'm seriously leery of this. Yet Kyn's list is hellishly enticing.

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) *puppy eyes* C'mon Eebee, milking machine is a sin to miss. Hot fisting (sort of) is a crime to miss. ROFL

It's not everyday you get to watch guys lay gigantic eggs.

Steelwhisper Kynthos-the-Archer wrote: "It's not everyday you get to watch guys lay gigantic eggs."

Meanie!

*hmph*

:P

message 28: by Elizabetta (last edited May 12, 2014 08:14AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elizabetta ugh, fisting. I don't get the lure of that. But milking, now that could be a beautiful thing. I will get to this book someday, hopefully sooner. In the meantime, your review & lists will continue to inspire :D

Steelwhisper Fisting is endlessly intimate when you do it. :)

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Steelwhisper wrote: "Meanie!"

I know. No mpreggy for you.

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) @Eebee: Lots of sexy, super erotic milking. Also lots of menage sex, alien sex, solo sex etc etc.. it's a sex galore but oddly engaging and the story was unforgettable, just the way I like it.

Okay so just do nudge me if one day you did read this book cos I am 110% dying for your feedback on it.

Elizabetta I'm still dying to read that other book with you Kynth.

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Huh? Sorry, but which one?

Steelwhisper Kynthos-the-Archer wrote: "I know. No mpreggy for you."

Ha! You just wait until kindle loaning comes to Europe!

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Really? You would read mpreg? O.O

Steelwhisper Yes of course. If I write it, I sure as hell read it.

But see above, I read Love Slave for Two by Tymber Dalton a while ago, and it was simply horrible. As if a teenager had written their ideas of menage and BDSM. It was boring, silly and juvenile and the sex was completely unerotic. Now that was written in 2008 and this one in 2010, so there might be the off-chance that Dalton has learned to write better between the one I read and this one.

I'm leery at the moment. I know our tastes usually coincide (with few exceptions), but I also know you read mainly for the kink, and rarely so much for the writing as I do. To you good prose and writing is a boon, the icing on the cake, to me it is the basic necessity, the fundament of everything. So there, that's why I'm leery right now.

All those tags interest me no end, especially as they are portrayed in a SciFi setting! But I'm at the same time afraid of another let down.

Argh! Disregard crazy me :D

Elizabetta Kynthos-the-Archer wrote: "Huh? Sorry, but which one?"

Humiliator, I think. It was on some thread recently where people were 'encouraging' us to read it.

Steelwhisper Oh yes, do so! :D

Elizabetta Steelwhisper wrote: "Yes of course. If I write it, I sure as hell read it.

Looks like I gave it one star (no rating; it was in the days when I wasn't rating reads), so we def agree on that one Steel!

Steelwhisper Heh! Bound to happen occasionally ;) Maybe we should BR this one sometime next month?

message 41: by Marte - Thunderella (last edited May 13, 2014 01:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marte - Thunderella Hiya Kynthos, I'm copy-pasting this from my review page and answer here, shall I? Since a discussion is on-going ;)

Kynthos-the-Archer wrote: "So which one amongst the mixed menage book is her best? I will try one out.. maybe.

Does she have one that the guys in the menage is in love in each other as well as with the gal in the relationship? I need the guys to have sex together as they do it with the girl. Would hate it if both guys are only interested in having sex with the girl but not touching each other sexually.

I haven't read any mixed menage because of this pet peeve of mine. Just hate it if only the girl gets all the attention. That is NOT true menage in my opinion. "

So true

Oh, geez, where to start ;) It's been a couple of years since I've read these books, that's the main reason I haven't rated/reviewed them yet.

The one closest to my heart is Love at First Bight. *snuggles book*
This was the first ever menage book I read, and I can safely say I was glued to my Kindle reading it, my eyes the size of dinner plates. Heh. Maybe the impression was so huge since it was my first. I don't know how my reaction to it would have been to day, since I have a lot more.. ehm experience now. ;) But this book have a special place in my heart since I was a menage virgin then. ;) But of course I loved the story and the characters. This book is not kinky, though. There's just menage, three men and a woman. From the blurb: "Genre: Erotic Futuristic Ménage a Quatre Romance, M/M/M/F with various combinations of M/M, M/F, M/M/F, M/M/M sex" *wiggles eyebrows*

It will be getting 5 stars from me in my future rating/review. It's about a woman joining a threeman crew on a spaceship. Since the missions stretches over years crews a paired so they can take care of each other's ehm, needs ;) But love quickly follows. There was also a right ol' twist at the end that I did not see coming at all. There are more books in this series, which I also enjoyed, but #1 I remember with such fondness. Just one thing though, although there was M/M and M/M/M in this book, I would have loved it to be even more descripted than it was in the book. Ahh...Aaron, Caph and Ford. Mmmmm :)

I would recommend, though is The Reluctant Dom. My.God! I think that's a book that should be read. That book is more heavy on the kink (yey). From the blurb: Kaden knows he's dying, but before he goes, he has one problem he needs to solve - he must ask his oldest friend Seth to take over as his beloved wife's Dom and Master after his death. So you'll know from the beginning that Kaden IS going to die in this book (holy shiiit). I don't know how easily your tears sets of, but I bawled reading this, which I can say, I don't like to do. I read to be entertained, not to cry (I can find something in my IRL to cry about ;). But still, sometimes it's "necessary" and I'm so glad that I read this book. I bawled reading Acquainted with the Night too ;) Oh, and there's a bit of a "twist" at the end too! I was like: "But.. but.. he... wasn't...what?" I wanted to read the book all over again, reading the end, made me look at the book in a different view. Nice one, Dalton.

Another one is Safe Harbor where two men live in fulltime Master and slave relationship. Heavy on the kink and BDSM if I remember correctly. Oh, and there's a Dom dog, hahaha! LOL! Lets just say he has interessting chewing toys. The blurb for this book is kinda boring in my opinion, the book is so much more. Anyway, the way the three MCs meets was awesome, hahaha! You can read a sample, I believe they meet very early on, so you can see if you want to continue reading.

(I have more to say about another book, I'll just post this first...)

Elizabetta Steelwhisper wrote: "Heh! Bound to happen occasionally ;) Maybe we should BR this one sometime next month?"

Which one, Steel? Acquainted or Humiliator?

message 43: by Marte - Thunderella (last edited May 12, 2014 12:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marte - Thunderella Another book (which I have just rec'ed you is The Initiation of Ms. Holly. Got nothing to do with Tymber Dalton. But I thought you might like it. Heavy on the kink this one. "I'll try everything, please".

My review here.

Steelwhisper I already read the Humiliator ;) which is why I suggest you read it :P

I meant Acquainted.

Elizabetta Steelwhisper wrote: "I already read the Humiliator ;) which is why I suggest you read it :P

I meant Acquainted."

oh, OK. Sorry, I'm editing for the writing event and reading for my blog and challenges so it's getting hard to keep it all straight.

Can you give me a nudge next month about reading it together?

Steelwhisper Sure will!

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Marte wrote: "Another book (which I have just rec'ed you is The Initiation of Ms. Holly. Got nothing to do with Tymber Dalton. But I thought you might like it. Heavy on the kink this one. "I'll t..."

Thank you Marte. I have just hop onto that thread. Looks interesting although I am not exactly sure if it fits what I wanted.

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Marte wrote: "Safe HarborHiya Kynthos, I'm copy-pasting this from my review page and answer here, shall I? Since a discussion is on-going ;)

Kynthos-the-Archer wrote: "So which one amongst the mi..."

Wow Marte. Thanks for all the recs. :D

They are all promising. I just hope they wouldn't treat the girl like glass or like a princess. :P

message 49: by Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) (last edited May 12, 2014 10:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Yay for Eebee and Steel doing Acquainted BR! Woot!

And Eebee maybe we should do Humiliator after your BR with Steel. Not too keen on reading Humiliator. Yea seems like I need more than a nudge so a BR would be great.

Elizabetta me too, Kynth.

« previous 1