Brian's Reviews > The Art of Making Memories: How to Create and Remember Happy Moments

The Art of Making Memories by Meik Wiking

The Art of Making Memories is a book that teaches us how we can create more memorable moments in life, and do everything we can to preserve them. It’s a fascinating look into what memories are, and why we remember the things we do.

This is the second work I have read by Meik Wiking, who is CEO of the Happiness Research Institute, Copenhagen. It’s a beautifully written and illustrated mini-tome, packed with facts, tips, and wonderfully nostalgic photographs.

One of the funniest parts is the section where Wiking compares football to origami. I’ve never been a fan of football, so I really appreciated this. I found it clever, and hilarious. The bit about the paper cut was pure gold.

The book ends with a guide to planning out your own happy and memorable year, something I would like to try when 2021 is drawing to a close and the promise of 2022 is just below the horizon.

I recommend reading The Art of Making Memories. It seems especially resonant at the moment, given the ongoing lockdowns, and their accompanying feelings of nostalgia.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Making Memories.

May 28, 2020 – Shelved
May 28, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
April 28, 2021 – Started Reading
May 6, 2021 –
page 140
48.61% "An enjoyable read so far. A different book to The Little Book of Hygge, but still the same voice, interesting content and beautiful photos. I hope I can remember some of these tips to help capture more of my own memories!"
May 7, 2021 –
page 178
61.81% "The section on p.178 where football is compared with origami, is pure gold. Love the line about the paper cut."
May 11, 2021 – Finished Reading