David Estes's Reviews > The Moon Dwellers

The Moon Dwellers by David Estes

(Review from the author)

I hope you all enjoy my new book as much as my beta readers did! Here are a few of their quotes after reading The Moon Dwellers:

-“I’m excited for the next book and this one isn’t even out yet!” -Alexandria

-“HOLY CRAP! I literally JUST finished and I’m kind of on that crazy after-you-finish-an-epic-book high!” –Kerri

-“OH MY GOD!!! What a lovely story David! I am in LOVE with it!” –Nicole

-“Awesome job. Can’t wait till the book is going to come out. Let me know when so I can demand all my friends to read it.” –Kay

-“I was heartbroken and cried my eyes out, but that’s one of the things I love. If an author can make me feel that much emotion through their characters then in my book that makes them so much better.” –Kay again

-“The action was absolutely amazing, and it kept me on my toes the entire time! Overall it was kinda sorta FREAKING AWESOME!” –Kerri again

-“I love this book! I am already dying to know what happens next!” –Christina

-“Wonderful story!” –Laurie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moon Dwellers.

Quotes David Liked

David Estes
“My dad used to say the definition of stupidity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Or maybe that was the definition of crazy.”

David Estes
“I don't particularly like confrontation. Unfortunately, confrontation seems to like me quite a lot.”

David Estes
“It's like she was metal and I was a magnet, Roc. But at the same time it felt like someone had shoved an electric wire into my skin and was frying me from the inside. It hurt like hell. No, worse than hell, Roc. And yet, somehow across the distance, through the fence, over the mob of people, I felt a pull to her, even though I knew it would hurt me to be closer to her. I probably would have just let it go, chalked it up to male hormones, but then when she acted so strong, pushed that guy... I don't know, since then I can't get her out of my mind.”

David Estes
“It's like my mind knows to stay as far away from him as possible... but my bones, my skin quiver in his presence.”

David Estes
“My brain is telling me to stop staring at him, but for some reason I can't. It's almost... instinct... to keep on looking at him.”

David Estes
“The beauty of physical pain is that it wipes out the other forms of pain.”

David Estes
“I haven't done anything, except be born.”

David Estes
“You'll learn far more by listening than you ever will by speaking.”

David Estes
“Sometimes it's best to hide in plain sight.”

David Estes
“Sometimes, girls, you have to hit your lowest low just before you hit your highest high. It makes you appreciate the good things so much more.”

David Estes
“No beast of reality, or creature of imagination, is as terrible as mankind. Or as loving. It’s a contradiction. I’ve always liked contradictions. Today I see both sides of the coin unveiled in gruesome and beautiful imagery, captured by my eyes and filed away in my mind, like still shots taken by a world-renowned photographer.”

David Estes
“There are some things more important than your own life. Like friendship, and love, and trust, and goodness.”

David Estes
“He throws his hands up in a request for mercy, I'm not in the mood so I stab him in the heart.”

Finished Reading
May 24, 2012 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)

Sylvia Can't wait David!!!

message 2: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Thanks Sylvia, me too, I really hope people like it!!

Sylvia I'm sure they will and if your beta readers really liked it then they must be onto something good :)

Tina YAY for you!! I am so excited. You are an awesome writer and I can't wait to read your next book. As soon as it's out let me know and I am on it. :)

message 5: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Aww thanks Tina, so incredibly nice of you to say :) I'll be blogging all June up to the release at the end of June :)

Tina Sounds great. I'll be keeping my eyes open.

message 7: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. I am SOOOOOOOOO over the moon excited to read this book!!!!!!!!

message 8: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Hehe, thanks SO MUCH for the enthusiasm, I love it!!! I really hope you enjoy it (and I think you will) :)

message 9: by Turtle (new) - added it

Turtle I. Hate. You. NOW I HAVE YET ANOTHER BOOK TO ADD TO MY TO-READ LIST!!! I'LL NEVER FINISH THEM!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RIGHT APPEALING BOOKS???

message 10: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Hahaha, sorry I tend to be a fast writer so there's going to be more where that came from LOL!! Thanks for the support though Turtle!!

Bethany David!! Moon Dwellers sounds AWESOME! I'm super excited to read it :) Congrats!

message 12: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Aww thanks Bethany!! I really hope you like it :)

Bethany David wrote: "Aww thanks Bethany!! I really hope you like it :)"

I'm sure I will.

ps, it's very sweet that you named the MC Adele :D

message 14: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Hehe, I wouldn't usually be that cheesy (I'm lying), but the name was actually perfect :)

message 15: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola I just got a copy to read and review for the blog tour. I am looking forward to reading it. I am going to start it after I finished my current read!

message 16: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Yay so glad you got an ARC Lolita, hope you like it!! And omg just saw a draft of the cover by my artist and it is looking amazing!!! Can't wait to share it with everyone!!!

message 17: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola My co-blogger and I also take part in the cover reveal, I am curious to see what the cover will be!

message 18: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Thanks, I really hope you like it :)

message 19: by Nisa (new)

Nisa I am looking forward to reading it :)

message 20: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Aww wow, thank you Nisa!!! I hope you like it!

Jenia I'm excited and love the cover.

message 22: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Aww thanks Jenia!! I'm glad you found it :) Have fun with Spongebob lol
Tay- I have some friends who are graphic designers who I've hired as my cover artists :) They are in Australia and have a business called Winkipop Design, they are amazing!!!!

message 23: by Alex (new)

Alex The cover is so professional and creative! If I saw that in a book store I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up! Great Work!

message 24: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Thank you so much Alex!!! I'll pass that along to my cover artist, he'll love to hear the feedback :)

Sheree Bonita I agree with Alex on the cover. It looks great.

message 26: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Thanks Sheree!!! My cover artist is awesome!!!

Book Addictions by Christina Happy Release day!!!!

message 28: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Yay!!!!! Thank you so much, I'm so excited!!! I really truly can't wait to see what you all think of The Moon Dwellers. I loved writing it and I really hope you all love reading it :)

Donna I would love to read our books on my Kindle so am putting "I would like to read this in Kindle format" on Amazon where there is a place to check it. This one looks like it is right up (or down) my alley.

Donna Oh, this one is on Amazon in Kindle format. I put 'would like to read in Kindle' on Evolution. Good luck to you! How exciting for you.

message 31: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Awesome, thank you so much Dnicole!! All my books are on Kindle so you can read all of them if you want :) But I highly recommend The Moon Dwellers first as it's my brand new book :) I hope you like them!!

message 32: by Sandra (new)

Sandra so this is the final product! :) i'll be reading this soon david!

message 33: by David (new) - added it

David Estes This is it! Thanks Sandee :)

message 34: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Lol I will!! Yeah, it's a great name! Thank you so much I hope you enjoy the read! Whose signing are you at?

message 35: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Omg amazing!! I'm so jealous :)

message 36: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Your wish is granted! LOL, it's actually available in paperback now via Amazon.com, see link below! Thanks for all the support and I hope you enjoy it!

message 37: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Lol your secrets safe with me :)

message 38: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Wow thanks!! So glad you're enjoying it!!

message 39: by David (new) - added it

David Estes *blushing bigtime*

message 40: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Yay!!

message 41: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Here's the link to the next one The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers, #2) by David Estes

message 42: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Yep September 30th!! Woohoo!!

Maria Stanica I AM SO EXCITED.

message 44: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Me too!!! :)

message 45: by Maria (last edited Jul 18, 2012 11:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria Stanica I will be facebooking about this in anticipation!!!! :D

message 46: by David (new) - added it

David Estes You. Are. Awesome!!!

Maria Stanica David wrote: "You. Are. Awesome!!!"

Thank you! But you are much more awesome because you are the creater and writer of this brilliantness of a book! :)

message 48: by David (new) - added it

David Estes Thanks :) *bowing and blushing*

Maria Stanica David wrote: "Thanks :) *bowing and blushing*"

You are welcome *claps profusely*

message 50: by David (new) - added it

David Estes So nice of you to say :) It was actually just the pick me up I needed today, thanks!

« previous 1 3