Jo's Reviews > Fantasy in Death

Fantasy in Death by J.D. Robb

May 24, 2012

bookshelves: action-adventure-suspense
Read in May, 2012

30th in the series. As anyone who follows me knows, I love this series. I don’t really connect with the books the author writes as Nora Roberts, but I love the characters and the character development in this series by J.D. Robb. While the last book in the series focused more on the crime, than on character development, this installment shows a lot of Eve’s growth as a wife and as a friend. Some of Eve and Roarke’s discussions about their relationship positively melted my heart (to the point where I read them to my partner and tried to analogize to our relationship [Cue: “awww”] to his somewhat baffled appreciation). The interactions between Eve and Peabody are a hoot, and a number of the regular supporting characters are back so we get to see how they are growing too (Trueheart has a girlfriend!) . The crime is a combination of a traditional “locked room” scenario and Dungeons & Dragons on steroids with cutting edge technology, set of course, some fifty years in our future. The accident at the end had me catching my breath in fear and the resolution drew tears as it only reinforced the growth of Eve and Roarke’s relationship and was beautifully written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fantasy in Death.