Blacky *Romance Addict*'s Reviews > Naked Edge

Naked Edge by Pamela Clare

bookshelves: favorites, favorite-contemporary, best-of-the-best, he-is-mine, 5-stars-for-enjoyment, read-suspense, review, favorite-suspense, read-mee, read-2013, read-2012
Recommended to Blacky *Romance Addict* by: Baba ♥♥♥ Marcus, Tyler, Tate, Dan, Ty, & Hunter

Pleeeeeease please please please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease...
...
can I have a Gabe of my very own?

I'll be a good girl, yes I will! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'll even jump off a cliff so he can rescue me! See? I've got it all planned out! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'll even get some deranged badass villain to try to kill me a few times just so I could end up in Gabe's apartment, with him looking over me Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Whatever it takes, he's.. just... THAT... good Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You know, sometimes a badass heroine is great. She can kick the bad guys' asses herself, doesn't need constant rescuing by the hero and all that stuff.
BUT.
Sometimes I just love to read about a normal girl, and the hero actually having a chance to be one, rescuing and comforting and taking care of her and being the shoulder to cry on and all. It gets me all swoony Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In this book, we get the vulnerable girl, and the bravest and selfless of heroes, just the perfect combination <3

The story

Right at the beginning of the book, Kat falls off a cliff, and Gabe is the one who saves her. Well. That was enough to make me swoony. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Three months later they meet again, not in the best of circumstances :S
The police interrupts a religious ceremony "inipi" and Gabe, as a ranger, comes at the scene, only to see the woman he rescued, and haven't forgotten since then Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After that incident, Kat discovers that someone wants to disrupt the Native Americans who live there, and to basically forbid them their own religious ceremonies.
Along with Gabe, she tries to discover who is behind it all, only to be the target of a killer who won't stop at anything to prevent them from finding out his big secret Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Instead of wanting to scrape Kat off his skin and leave her, he'd wanted to hold her, to kiss her until she fell asleep, to feel the warmth of her skin against his. Somehow she filled the emptiness inside him, made him feel whole again.

Kat

Kat is a Navajo, the traditions of her people deeply embedded in her by the teachings of her grandmother, still a virgin because of a deep hurt made by her mother and her family, that made her decide she would give herself only to a man who's willing to commit and have a family and all that goes with it.
Gabe couldn't be further from that type of man Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Although she makes that clear to him, they still have the incredible sexual tension going on, and it becomes harder to resist him, especially after he saves her life a few times, takes care of her, comforts, reassures her... Oh just swoon big time. I totally understand why she couldn't keep her hands off him Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

He drew her into his arms, and held her, just held her, his face pressed against her silky hair, the honey scent and soft feel of her a balm for all the rough edges inside him.
"I'm scared, Gabe." She pressed her cheek against his bare chest.
"I know." He held her tighter. "You're safe here."
"I had to see you. I had to know you were okay."
"I'm glad you came." He drew back, tucked a finger beneath her chin, tilted her face upward--and then he kissed her.

Gabe

I think I'm a bit in love with him. A big bit Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

He doesn't want a relationship. Of any kind. The only thing that works for him is casual sex, so he understands he can't try anything with Kat, she wants the one thing he can't give her. But she's oh so tempting, especially because he wasn't able to forget her ever since he saved her life, and kept her earring with him (OMG major swoon here, I think I already adored him at this point Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
He works with her on the case, trying to unveil the murderer, and with that, repeatedly saves Kat's life Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She awakens all of his protective instincts, and he wants nothing else but to keep her safe... and with him <3

"What you did proved to me that you care more about me than you care about sex. A man who only cares about sex stops only if a woman asks him to stop. Thank you for caring about me, Gabe Rossiter."

This is just the perfect quote for him! He thinks less of himself than he truly is, and Kat helps him see himself as what he is, a man worthy of her and her love Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Gabe is the perfect example of a selfless hero, what he did to save her, first in the appartment, then in the mountains... My heart just cried hor him. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm not really a big fan of journalism in the story, and it kinda got on my nerves here, just as it did in the first book, but luckily, Gabe and Kat had such a wonderful romance and all the action and angst later just made up for it a million times over Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My only regret:

Why am I not a fictional character named Kat?!?!?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

*this was a buddy read with Lorraine and Baba, thank you so much for reading this with me, I wouldn't ever pick this up by myself, and now I'm hooked to the series! Love you!*

*second buddy read with Rach, woman I had huge fun, thanks for reading it with me <3*
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked Edge.

May 24, 2012 – Shelved
November 17, 2012 –
1.0% "I hope\n Photobucket"
November 17, 2012 –
40.0% "He drew her into his arms,and held her,just held her,his face pressed against her silky hair,the honey scent and soft feel of her a balm for all the rough edges inside him.\n "I'm scared, Gabe." She pressed her cheek against his bare chest.\n "I know." He held her tighter. "You're safe here."\n description"
November 18, 2012 – Started Reading
November 18, 2012 –
72.0% "Oh that was just beautiful <3 \n \n Photobucket"
November 18, 2012 –
72.0% "description\n \n Gabe, noooooooo!\n \n Photobucket"
November 18, 2012 –
88.0% "description\n \n Gabe, nooooooo!\n \n Photobucket"
November 18, 2012 –
100.0% "Why do I do this to myself? Am I crazy?! As usual, I had no selfcontrol and read the excerpt from the next book. Have. To. Read. It. Right. Now!!! Photobucket"
July 2, 2013 –
1.0% "\n *re-read with Rach <3*\n \n \n Gabe:\n \n Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"
July 6, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 136 (136 new)

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen I have this whole series in paperback but haven't gotten around to reading it yet!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Oh :) I don't really know if they're any good lol I guess this one will tell eheheh

Baba  I hope so too, Blacky! Lol Enjoy!

Baba  *snicker*

~V~ Great review Blacky!! Gabe IS yum!!! Have you only read this one and book 1?

message 7: by Blacky *Romance Addict* (last edited Nov 18, 2012 06:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks V. Yeah, the first one was dnf, so I'm kinda shocked I loved this one so much. I'm reading #5 right now and am abso-fing-lutely loving it

Alexis *Reality Bites* Great review, Blacky! I guess I need to check this out huh?!

message 9: by ~V~ (last edited Nov 18, 2012 06:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~V~ Haha!! I can't believe you jumped from bk.1 to this one! LOL! I agree about the reporting stuff! I started at the beginning and liked book 1 but thought the reporting parts were VERY boring (hence my lower rating for that one) but kept on going because everyone kept saying how this series got better and better with each book. Bk. 2 was better but i still didn't love it, although i DID love Julian! Book 3 was AWESOME!!!! Then i read this one and also loved it and yep...the 5th was also awesome!! You'll have to go back and read bk 3...that is the book that turned this series around for me! :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Alexis wrote: "Great review, Blacky! I guess I need to check this out huh?!"

Thanks Alexis :D Oh yeah. Most definitely. Gabe is one of the best heroes I've read. Just f-ing perfect <3

Blacky *Romance Addict* ~V~ wrote: "Haha!! I can't believe you jumped from bk.1 to this one! LOL! I agree about the reporting stuff! I started at the beginning and liked book 1 but thought the reporting parts were very boring but kep..."

Yeah I know, heard that 3 is great too. Well you know, I had totally given up on this series. Wasn't planning on EVER returning to it, then baba said something about a re-read and how good this book was and all, so I thought, what the hell, I can give it one more try. And it turned out great! So glad for Baba and the buddy read :D

Duchess Nicole Blacky wrote: "Thanks V. Yeah, the first one was dnf, so I'm kinda shocked I loved this one so much. I'm reading #5 right now and am abso-fing-lutely loving it"

~V~ Hey Nicole! Is the romance in her MacKinnon's Rangers as good as it is in her I-Team books or is it overshadowed by historical stuff?

message 14: by Louise (new)

Louise Oh my God why am I grinning on your review Blacky:) now I'm having a crush on that 'Gabe' guy *hahaha..Fantasic review Blacky:D

Duchess Nicole Hey, lovely! Her historicals are just as romance driven as her Romantic Suspense are! And they are early American Historicals, back during the French/Indian wars, so it's not like any HR that I've read before. They have a sort of Last of the Mohicans time period feel, and THEY. ARE. AWESOME!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Duchess Nicole wrote: "Aw, you dnf'd the first one? It was one of my faves, lol! Eh, what can I say? I just loved the whole series. Are you going to read her historicals now? "

Yeah, I just couldn't read it, too boring. I guess I hate the journalism part of the story.
But the historicals? Oh definitely, I planned on reading them anyway, heard some brilliant stuff about it :)

~V~ Duchess Nicole wrote: "Hey, lovely! Her historicals are just as romance driven as her Romantic Suspense are! And they are early American Historicals, back during the French/Indian wars, so it's not like any HR that I'v..."

Haha, ok..yay! I am definitely going to be reading those then. Thanks Nicole!! ;)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Louise wrote: "Oh my God why am I grinning on your review Blacky:) now I'm having a crush on that 'Gabe' guy *hahaha..Fantasic review Blacky:D"

Thanks Louise hahahah :D Well, Gabe is certainly crush-worthy :D you should try the book, it's really great :)

Duchess Nicole ~V~ wrote: "Duchess Nicole wrote: "Hey, lovely! Her historicals are just as romance driven as her Romantic Suspense are! And they are early American Historicals, back during the French/Indian wars, so it's n..."

No problem! I have yet to read her other HR series, but it's on my "up next" shelf.
Can't wait to hear what you guys think of them whenever you get around to them. She's one of my favorite authors...I only wish she had more out, LOL! This is making me want to go read that last series now ;)

Blacky *Romance Addict* I've wanted to read her historicals ever since tht last bookk came out and it was such a hit. Don't remember anyone who read it and didn't absolutely love it :) But damn, I guess I'll have to squeeze it somewhere with those million other books on my next to read bwahahaha

Awilk -never sleeps- Her historicals are the only ones I really liked. With the I-team you have to read book 3.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awilk wrote: "Her historicals are the only ones I really liked. With the I-team you have to read book 3."

LOl yeah, I've been hearing that a lot :) OK then, definitely reading :)

KindleRomance Reviews I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Great review!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Great review!!"

Thanks Kris! I'm kinda glad I enjoyed it too :) Now I'll read the other books too heheh

message 25: by KindleRomance Reviews (last edited Nov 18, 2012 07:08PM) (new)

KindleRomance Reviews Awilk wrote: "Her historicals are the only ones I really liked. With the I-team you have to read book 3."

I agree that they are better than the I-Team books. I kind of feel like I'm one of the few that feels that way. Glad to hear you say the same Awilk. The thing that bugs the sh*t out of me is all of the repetitive dailogue. It's insulting that she thinks the reader can't remember what she wrote on the last page.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Awilk wrote: "Her historicals are the only ones I really liked. With the I-team you have to read book 3."

OMG yes! That is so irritating! The book would be like 20 pages shorter if you'd drop out all the repeats. Just weird.

Karla Very cute review Blacky!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Karla wrote: "Very cute review Blacky!"

Thanks Karla :D

message 29: by Jenny (new) - added it

Jenny Levine Excellent review, Blacky! Added it :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks Jenny! Hope you like it <3

Wendy LOL, great review Blacky! Oh to be saved by Gabe. *sigh*

Blacky *Romance Addict* Wendy wrote: "LOL, great review Blacky! Oh to be saved by Gabe. *sigh*"

Hahah thanks Wendy :D Ah, yes, he's the perfect hero <3

Elizabeth (Liz) Fantastic review, Blacky!! This book is a favorite of mine as well! Gabe is delish;)

message 34: by Keri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keri Great review Blacky...I concur...we all need our very own Gabe!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Elizabeth wrote: "Fantastic review, Blacky!! This book is a favorite of mine as well! Gabe is delish;)"

Thanks Elizabeth :D and yes he is <3 a totall sweetheart swoony hero :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Keri wrote: "Great review Blacky...I concur...we all need our very own Gabe!"

Thank you Keri :) Oh if only they could make them real <3

message 37: by Monique (new)

Monique Wow! Blacky, great review... your reviews always make me smile:)

Floe (TheRandomFlo) Wow, just wow! Another great review from you. Added this book to my TBR. :D x

message 39: by Sláinte (new)

Sláinte Wanderlust I have read the first, does the series get better as it goes on?
I loved your review, great job B :)

message 40: by Dd (new)

Dd Great review,Blacky!!:)

message 41: by bobo (new)

bobo Now my TBR is about to ooze out from my computer. =)) With so many great reviews, I'll never be able to go to work. Blacky, I'm almost done with the first one in this series and I'm getting the rest, soon. Fab review! Can't wait for more I Team!

message 42: by Jill (new)

Jill Great review as usual, Blacky!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Monique's Musings wrote: "Wow! Blacky, great review... your reviews always make me smile:)"

Thanks Monique <3 Glad to make you smile :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Floe (Fernie_J) wrote: "Wow, just wow! Another great review from you. Added this book to my TBR. :D x"

LOL! Thanks Floe :) Hope you'll like it, Gabe is yummy :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Wanderlust wrote: "I have read the first, does the series get better as it goes on?
I loved your review, great job B :)"

Thanks W :)

Well, I read the first (well it was a dnf actually) and didn't think to return to this, but then I started the buddy read, and boy, was it worth it! I skipped 2 and 3, but I don't feel like I missed much, I understood everything :) This book is great, I'd recommend it, along with #5, I'm reading that one now and it's amazing!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Dd wrote: "Great review,Blacky!!:)"

Thanks sweetie!

Blacky *Romance Addict* bobo wrote: "Now my TBR is about to ooze out from my computer. =)) With so many great reviews, I'll never be able to go to work. Blacky, I'm almost done with the first one in this series and I'm getting the res..."

Thanks bobo :) can't wait for you to get to this one :D so so great!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Jill wrote: "Great review as usual, Blacky!"

hahah thanks Jill :)

message 49: by Laura (new)

Laura I must meet this Gabe! :) Great review, Blacky!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Em - everybody's got a dark side ;) wrote: "*hearts this*"

:D *hugs you*